Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Update by user Apr 21, 2020

DoorDash has not even contacted me. I found out that the driver's insurance only covers incidents involving other vehicles.

Her insurance is not going to cover the car hitting the house.

We have home insurance but we must pay a deductible. We had an insurance agent come and estimate the damage and it was around $6500 dollars.

Original review posted by user Apr 20, 2020

We had ordered three steak dinners from Lindy's Restaurant yesterday to be delivered to our place of residence. This was paid with a VISA totalling $68.69.

The driver (Misty Nicole Boston) drove her vehicle into our place of residence. From the looks of it, she did about $10,000 dollars worth of damage to our place. We have no heat or hot water now. There is *** in the side of our house where our bathroom area is.

We filed a police report (case number A2020-0****) with the Allegany County Sheriffs Department on 4/18. The corresponding officer was Corporal J Dowden. Our family overheard her telling the officer that one of her relatives was just diagnosed with COVID-19 and she had exposure to him. The officer told us not to touch the delivery bag.

First, I want a full refund of the order. Secondly, I want to know what DoorDash is going to do about this? I tried calling DoorDash yesterday but was told that DoorDash is not dealing with consumer complaints. I tried calling the restaurant but was told that I needed to contact Door Dash.

While we took Misty's insurance information, I want to know how Door Dash intends to make this right? My parent's house (where this took place) had just had new siding put into place.

We are beyond furious and considering esculating this incident along the proper channels. Somebody please help us!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

DOORDASH Cons: Irresponsible.