2.2
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

On Tuesday, I placed a large order through DoorDash for a Thursday delivery that was meant to feed an agency of 300. I even called the restaurant on Tuesday to give them a heads up that a large order will be placed through DoorDash.

I received confirmation from DoorDash that my order was in progress. On Thursday, I received a voicemail at 11:17AM telling me that my order, scheduled for 11:45AM-12:15PM delivery, was cancelled. I was horrified, less than 30 minutes notice is not enough to find a more reliable caterer. I wanted to know what the *** happened!?!?

I spoke with Chris in customer service who admitted that DoorDash did not let the restaurant know of the large order until Thursday morning, of course they couldn't make 47 pizzas on such short time. I am an event planner and live by my reputation, failing to provide food for the agency means failing at my job. DoorDash put my job on the line because of their unprofessionalism and incompetency. I asked to speak to Chris's manager and see how he would remedy the situation.

The manager denied that it was DoorDash's fault and claimed the restaurant just cancelled. He acted flippantly, with complete disregard to the customer. I want to say this is the first time DoorDash did something like this, but they have cancelled large orders before. Simply providing me with a refund of the order is not adequate compensation for putting my job at risk and leaving 300 people hungry and angry.

I am surprised that DoorDash operates under these unprofessional conditions. They lost a loyal customer today...who usually places large, expensive orders.

Good luck, guys. You're the worst.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#1321977

I'm confused. If they have dropped the ball before on large orders why would you order through them again on such a critical order?

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Why not just order through the restaurant directly? I'd never put something so important in the hands of a third party vendor