Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

So the first few times that I've used Doordash were fine, except deliveries often took HOURS to arrive and the drivers were always too lazy or reluctant to actually deliver the food to the door instead of sitting in their cars.

But those were minor issues that could be resolved with not tipping on the app but in person when the food arrived (often they were so late and unaccommodating that I only gave them 1 or 2 dollars. A restaurant 3 miles away should not take 2 hours)

The incident that really turned me off Doordash was when they refused to refund me money for an order that they changed. I ordered 3 al carte meals from a Chinese restaurant and the order had some special requests. A Doordash agent called me and asked if I wanted to switch to getting the lunch special which was about $8 (the ones I got were $15 a piece) to accommodate my requests. I said it was fine and asked if I would be getting a refund, the rep assured me I would receive an email with the changes. A few minutes later, another agent calls to confirm my order and once again assured me I would be refunded. As I am waiting for my food, the DoorDash Driver calls to confirm my order of 3 lunch specials. Once again I was assured that I would get a refund. I receive my order and indeed it was the 3 lunch specials that I ordered. However, it had been about 3 hours since my first initial call with the DD agent. Normally if you make a change that involves money, they resend you a receipt and charge your card. I reached out to customer service to see if they could send me an email of the changes that the agent made to my order. I was told that they could do nothing because I didnt have an email stating that they changed my order.

Now how come DoorDash is so quick to charge you for extra items but basically steals your money when it comes to refunding? I wouldnt have minded if it was like a dollar or two but DD has stolen $25-30 from me on this order alone. DD already upcharges their food, charges the customer a fee for ordering and a delivery fee. I dont understand why its necessary to steal more money from customers. I would recommend if you absolutely want to use their services and you have any changes to make to an order at all, you CANCEL the existing order no matter what the agents tell you and reorder. THE EXTRA WAIT TIME WILL SAVE YOU MONEY AND PREVENT THESE CROOKS FROM STEALING IT. Otherwise don't support this company and their corrupt business structure.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Worst possible service, Website hard to navigate and bad customer service, Not receiving a callback from anyone after sufficient time, Not taking responsibility for this situation, Order errors without notification.

Comments