Richardson, Texas

Placed an order with Doordash tonight for hooters wings. Waited 45 minutes, then got a text requesting that I cancel the order. Then got a call from doordash, saying the restaurant was closed, and they had to cancel the order. I called the hooters restaurant, they were open for business as usual. Called the doordash people back, they said I didn't place the order. I asked them if I didn't place the order, why were they texting me to have me cancel the order? I ask to speak to someone who speaks english. They hung up.

Called doordash back, spoke with another person, she indicated that there has been an error, and Doordash had not placed the order. I asked them to simply place the order and deliver the food; they said they couldn't do that, there had been an error, so they couldn't place the order now. I asked them, if the driver is standing there at hooters, why can't he just order the food and deliver it. Lady on the phone says they can't do that, it has to go through "the system" so they have to cancel the order. I asked to speak with a supervisor, she hangs up.

Check my bank account online, doordash has indeed charged me for the order. Call doordash back, Lady says she will call the store and the driver and call me back. She calls back 10 minutes later and says there was a mistake, and they can't deliver the order, because they didn't place the order. I ask her why can't they just place the order and deliver it. She hangs up.

Call Doordash back (I'm an hour and a half into this fiasco now) New person says they don't know what is going on, they will find out and call me back. No call.

So, after two hours, I'm out $80 and have nothing to show for it but 45 minutes of extremely frustrating people lying to me on the phone.

Not once during this entire nightmare process did I ever get to speak to a native english speaker.

TLDR: avoid doordash like the plague.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments