Costa Mesa, California
2.2
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Placed my Doordash order 2.5 hours in advanced to the actual meeting time. This was a large order and I wanted it to arrive on time. I got my confirmation email from Doordash at 10:19am, by 11am a dasher still hadn't picked up my order. I had to call customer support to have them route it to a dasher. While on the phone with support they decided to move my delivery time from 11:45am-12:00pm to ASAP. By doing this Doordash wasn't going to deliver my food until 12:27pm (NOT ACCEPTABLE!). We conduct a business at the place I work, not some hooray lunch party! I called customer support back and let them know they needed to move my delivery back to 12pm like I originally asked for it, the customer support lady called the restaurant at 11:45am and the food was already made, then called the dasher and he changed his route to get my order delivered first, still waiting 30 minutes later to receive my food. The customer support lady gave me my drivers cell phone number so I could text him. He said he was going to arrive at a few minutes after 12pm. At 12:10pm I asked if he was close, he said only a few more minutes because he was hitting all the lights. At 12:20pm my order finally arrived. I took the food into my meeting to ONLY LOOK LIKE AN *** BECAUSE THE ORDER WAS WRONG AND MISSING SOME ITEMS I ORDERED.

This is the LAST time I will ever order from Doordash, I called their customer support team back and let them know I wanted a full refund and not just Doordash credit because this was unacceptable and I will not be made to look like a fool in front of my coworkers when an order is placed 2.5 hours in advance and you CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT! LAST TIME I WILL EVER EVER DEAL WITH YOU PEOPLE!

Sincerely,

Was Your Best Customer - Not Anymore!

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, bad quality, problem with delivery & order processing issue.

Comments

No I would not recommend DoorDash to anyone there are many issue with this company. The driver is takes on the brunt of the blame.

The worst thing that could happen would be a driver delivering alcohol to someone underage, much less getting injured, sick, or worth something fatal happening to a minor or someone else.

Trust me DoorDash will never take responsibility for it, but will definitely profit from it and find a way to blame the driver.  If they can't address the many issues they have already why would anyone expect DoorDash to use integrity with this new feature.

First off lets get the facts straight. The drivers are not allowed to check the containers, they are only allowed to deliver what is given to then and thats it. Second DoorDash is a middle man, with an app service and a call center.

They don't prepare the food, they just provide a service, to deliver the food. They are based in California with a call center that calls in your orders. As a matter of fact most orders are screwed up though the call center first and then at the restaurant second. The driver has nothing to do with that at all.

Most restaurants don't have a clue DoorDash even placed an order because DoorDash uses some very unethical practices, one of them being: listing restaurants which they have no working relationship with or agreement at all in there app.

Two calling in under your name or an assumed name. They don't even want most drivers to say they are from DoorDash if the order is from a non partner restaurant and that just the beginning of the shadiness. Such as price hikes, very little screening most drivers, stealing wages, penalizing drivers for app based malfunctions, ect, ect, ect. The list is very long.

I wont even get into how horrible the Dasher app is for the drivers.

The many issues of missing pay when you only get 5 dollars a delivery and make less that min wage ( for the record we don't get 100% of the tips if you only get one or two order per hour: $5 + 10% tip of a $10 order = $6 per hour less than min wage). The false advertisement of tips when you only get a 1 dollar tip after being told to go 20 miles out the way to pick up a 10 dollar order will take an hour. Even if you are lucky to be in a Zone or market (which aren't many) where you get a base min of $10 + tips it still doesn't happen because they include the tip as part of the base to make it $10 ($5 +$1 tip= $6+$4 extra pay = $10 notice the tip is no longer a tip its calculated as part of the base it should be $11). So in actuality they stole the tip from you.

Plus the fact that the order was never placed or ready when you get there, but yet a driver is supposed to get it to the customer within an hour and its 20 miles back in the other direction across the city, which isn't even in your designated Dash Zone.

So if you think you have problems with customer support, get in line.... There are literally hundreds to now thousands of drivers still waiting to hear from support about missing pay, missing hours, and horrible support service and most of all a driver Dasher app so unusable, that a five year old could design one better than (maxdc.co.). Which by the way the app doesn't even include any of the features it claims to help driver. It all more false claims by DoorDash.

There is now a large group of drivers coming out to expose DoorDash for the crooks they really are and banning together for a class action suite. So consider your self lucky your only missing two items and got a coupon.

It's a whole lot better than missing two week worth of wages, from DoorDash Just google DoorDash Driver Complaints. Employee Complaints or In and Out Burger Sues DoorDash, BBB rating F, Rip Off Report just for a start

Read this and I hope it will explain what really happened to your order.

The only way to stop this is by spreading the word about how unethical DoorDash really is.