Verified Reviewer

Update by user Dec 06, 2021

Doordash was sent a Registered letter from the California Franchise Tax Board Ordering them to stop Garnishing my Pay. This was about 2 weeks ago and is just one of 6 or 7 attempts by the FTB over the last 10 weeks ordering Doordash to stop Taking my pay from me each week. Doordash said in their response that they never got this order to stop.Well the registered letter they got and that was 2 weeks ago and still Doordash is taking 25% of my pay after being ordered to stop.

Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2021

Contacting Doordash support as a Driver when you are having serious issues you need them to address is impossible.

When you call, chat or email Support you never get someone who can really help you.

When you call, you get someone overseas who is hard to understand. Unless you have an issue with a delivery anything other that that, they have no ability to solve the issue.

If you ask to speak to a supervisor you're put on hold for 45 min and then hung up on. If you try to contact someone by chat, it's pretty much the same, nobody can help you with anything other than getting a delivery completed. Chat did however in my case, needing to contact whoever does Garnishments, gave me a email address to let them know that the California Franchise Tax Board has made a mistake and they have sent Doordash 3 orders to stop this Garnishment in the last 5 weeks yet Doordash continued to take 25%of my m pay each week.

Then by accident I file a complaint when I thought I was contacting a website that could give me a phone number to Doordash Corporate headquarters. I come to find out after I told my story that it was a website called pissed customer.com

To my surprise, I get an email from Doordash telling me they never got the 3 orders from the FTB telling them to stop taking my money from my pay each week.

I was given a phone number for the FTB to call 424-465-****

Which I contacted the lady from the FTB who has been trying to help me along with State Senator Mike McGuire's office, and gave them this Fax number that Doordash Garnishments gave me.

They tried to send Doordash using this Fax number but I was told the Fax wouldn't go through and they tried twice.

Instead they got a message stating that the transmission could not go through.

So I try to email back Doordash Garnishments, replying to the same email address they sent me, and all I get is this link that takes me to a webpage telling me to call this Doordash number. And it the same number they have sent back for me to call that when you do and you select option 2 on your phone dial for Dasher Pay issues, instead this automation phone system takes you back the begining of the options.

So now I'm back to square one about to be evicted because Doordash doesn't want to help their Drivers when we have issues we need them to help up with, only if it's related to making money for Doordash, just like most corporations in this country today. At this point the only thing left to do is drive 350 miles to Doordash headquarters with the order to stop the Garnishment in my hand to get this to stop.

This should never happen yet it does.

User's recommendation: Don't become a Dasher you won't be treated with respect.

Preferred solution: Stop Garnishing, repay money taken and pay added cost for moving expense Doordash caused.

Comments