11.5K views

Unbelievable!!! After many, many bad experiences with Doordash, I finally gave up on them.

I went onto my account to delete it and found out that there is no way to do so. I believe that this practice of not allowing a customer to delete their account borders on fraud. I am thinking of calling a lawyer to see if a class action suit could be waged to put this company out of business. I am sure they could collect enough complainants to build a strong case.

I deleted my payment information and what little else I could, but I cannot delete the address on the account. What the *** is that about?

Review about: Doordash Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I just had the same experience. Just like Uber they don't allow you to delete your account.

I am not even able to remove my credit card info. From my understanding, this practice unfortunately isn't illegal, at least in CA.

Same.. someone from a foreign country ordered some Popeyes..

crazy how you can even remove your account or even get help from removing your credit card info.. how to get it off some random site (appreciate this site).

My wife just had her account hacked or multiple orders were placed in a matter of minutes! We called doodash shortly after calling our bank to report the fraudulent activity and door dash says they are sorry but they cannot delete our account WTF!!!!

GracefulWhippet
to AngryJoe #1580163

Same thing happened to me October 12th. I called Door Dash and they did was argue with me. I want to find a way to hold them accountable.

BeefyGiantClam642

The same thing happened to me. October 2, 2018

HungryPerch

WOW!!! THIS IS CONCERNING!!!!!

They are PATHETIC and crooks! A company which doesn't allow customers to easily deactivate their account is a FRAUD.

After going into circles on my own I found out how to remove my credit card but still can't delete the account. I refuse to talk to them on the phone!

They started out ok but my last order was missing 1/3 plus the bummy delivery driver was on the phone using the N-word, that's a no-go for me. Never again will I use or recommend them.

to Lav #1582001

How do you delete the cards? I can’t figure that out. I want to delete my whole account, but this thread verifies it’s not possible.

You can call the customer service number and delete your account! I did!

I have the same problem. I cannot change the debit card information that the scam person set up for me.

I requested them to remove it but they still keep it for what I do not. I want to stop working with this company.

I will wait few days more let see they will solve my problem or not. They refuse to asnwer my question and answer what not relate what I want to know.

Try being a business! We have our own delivery people and doordash refuses to remove their link on our Google page.

We never signed up with them or got anything from them. Except unhappy customers that we cant help because they used an unauthorized third party.

It was easy to delete cc info. Thanks to the posters below for providing Customer Service number so I could delete my account.

I was a huge fan of DoorDash, ordering through their service multiple times until the last time. I made a regular order. It was curious that the Dasher completely disappeared from the tracker, then only reappeared when they were right outside the door. When I opened it...there was a child delivering my food with what I could only assume was the parent/Dasher recording the whole thing without my consent.

It was only after that that I began questioning the amount of privacy and data I'd exchanged just for simplicity in saving time. In the FAQ area, it was hard to differentiate where I was rating either the restaurant (which I love) or the Dasher (questionable in dashing).

Their only response was to give me credits. They seem to have updated their FAQs to include updating cc info, but still had to google to find the customer service number here.

I followed the instructions below to delete my cc info and then called the number below right after to deactivate my account. Went smoothly with no trouble at all.

I just told them I didn’t want to use them anymore and that I would feel more comfortable deleting my personal information. Thanks for the suggestions!

to Roxy #1565725

What were the instructions to deleting the cc info? I want to do the same.

Was doing some bills and stumbled upon someone actively making 50-100 dollar charges on my door dash account. Immediately called bank & suspended account / am getting reimbursed for the charges by the bank.

Logged into door dash (guy changed login info so took a minute to regain my own account) and deleted saved payment info that I never opted to save (pretty sure app I used automatically saved it, way to go devs!).

On the line with Doordash right now hoping they're professional enough to cancel account and refund my about ~$300 worth of deliveries across the States. I honestly wouldn't mind if I knew for sure some people got fed, but the phone numbers were fake so I couldn't check.

to Anonymous #1543429

Hi - I wanted to deactivate my account but unable to, I wanted then to delete saved payment info but have no idea how to find that. Can you instruct how you did it? Thank in advance.

everything about them is a fraud/ripoff!!!

Yes, Doordash sucks, evidently they have the right to cancel your order if they show up too early to pick it up and they are not obligated to notify either the restaurant you ordered from or you, the customer. Their service sucks.

INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO DELETE CREDIT CARD INFO ON YOUR OWNEveryone is right- Doordash is a total scam. I was never able to order at all because it claimed that every credit card I entered was denied (although they all had huge available balances).

I was trying to use the website through Safari on my iPhone, not the app. Like others who have posted here, the website (on my phone) would not allow me to delete my CC info. I just called the support number others mentioned (THANK YOU FOR THAT, because the support number DOESN'T EXIST on the website, and support emails get denied) (855-973-1040), and THANKFULLY, the guy was able to talk me through deleting credit card info. That said, I had to do it on the web on my laptop, not my iPhone.>Log in to your account.>Go to the main page and click on any restaurant.>Add something to your cart.>Once there is something in your cart, a large red button (NOT the one with the cart) will appear off to the right hand side that says "Place Order".

Click "Place Order".>Scroll down to the "Payment" section (between the "Time" and "Summary" sections.>Below "Payment", click "Change/Add".>Your stored credit card information will appear. Click on the "X" to the right of each credit card.>After clicking the "X", you will be asked to confirm whether or not you want to delete that card.I repeated the process for all of my cards. I then closed the window, opened another in DoorDash and followed the entire process again (log into customer account, click on a restaurant, added a meal, click "Purchase", go to "Payment" section, click "Change/Add") to verify that my credit card info was still gone.I would still like to delete my entire account, but haven't figured it out yet.

Perhaps I will try to just change the name to a fake name. Unbelievable that the DoorDash app has so many positive reviews because they are JUNK.Anyway, hope this helps to at least get your credit info deleted.

to Anonymous #1524740

I was able to delete my card info thanks to your help. I specifically am wary about saving card info on anything and I never do.

I didn't realize at the time that the app saved my card info even though I did not opt to do so.

At the time I was doing bills and luckily I caught onto someone who hacked my account, changed the email and ordered like 6 different things across the states. This company is cancer, if anyone figures out how to delete account please post.