32.7K views

Unbelievable!!! After many, many bad experiences with Doordash, I finally gave up on them.

I went onto my account to delete it and found out that there is no way to do so. I believe that this practice of not allowing a customer to delete their account borders on fraud. I am thinking of calling a lawyer to see if a class action suit could be waged to put this company out of business. I am sure they could collect enough complainants to build a strong case.

I deleted my payment information and what little else I could, but I cannot delete the address on the account. What the *** is that about?

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I went to website for my account info and was able to delete my payment card details. I was not able to do that from the app. I also found customer service support form on the website and requested the account be deactivated

I had a similar experience. They have cancelled my order a few times but I have never seen the refunds in my credit card statement!!

I’m glad I’m not the only one, this *** is *** me off.

First time using favor, driver never showed up and phone number listed for driver didn’t work and in the end order was marked as delivered with no food or contact...tried deleting account and found the same issue of being ran around only to find there is no way to do so.

wow I'm reading people can't delete their account. I wonder if there's a data mining gig going on here and who they're selling your info too?

Simpson1234

To marketers duh!

PreciousMorayEel

You not the only one gave up on doordash so did I. After trying nothing working same problem. Bad customer service with nasty people attitudes.

AffectionateMarmot
#1722052

Yeah I'd be careful with this company guys. Make sure to read all policies before moving forward.

This company is really strange, be careful before you open account with them. You could be stuck and not able to delete a consumer account (like I am stuck with them)??

Melanie Cooper
#1720837
Food Expert

The DoorDash FAQ page states that you can deactivate your DoorDash account anytime by submitting an account deactivation request. To ensure DoorDash can address your request as quickly as possible, please provide the following information when filing a support case: Full Name Email Phone Number Category: Account Settings Subcategory: None Description: Request to deactivate DoorDash Account Please remember to click on the Submit button after you have filled out all the required fields.

@Melanie Cooper

There isn't any way to get to this form - I've tried numerous times. This company is AWFUL!!

@Anonymous

You have to click on FILE A SUPPORT CASE (red text) to start the process. https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/article/How-to-deactivate-your-DoorDash-Account?language=en_US

Same here - emailed (supposedly) the CEO and received a response stating/committing to a full refund - however, no real follow-up after that, just canned email responses and they stopped responded to me all together on their facebook page. I reached out to; Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP - they are a class action law firm specializing in consumer protection - maybe if enough of you email them as well, they will take up the matter legally I believe Doordash is an offshore business, with a ghost presence in the US - that's why we can't get to someone that can actually process a refund, etc.

#1720538
@Anonymous

I got screenshots and emails asking for my tips.

NondescriptBirman658

"A class-action lawsuit" I'll join on that bandwagon. These *** have been playing fast and loose with our funds for too damned long.

#1720008
@NondescriptBirman658

I’m in

I'm having the same problem. There is no way to submit a request.

Poor service, orders messed up items overpriced, deceptive ordering practices. So many more underhanded activity its simply a business to avoid

FewCatfish247

I totally agree and don’t know hue to move forward as they have actively stolen from me

OddballMarkhor
@FewCatfish247

Same here they gone took money from me then try in say something else