27K views

Unbelievable!!! After many, many bad experiences with Doordash, I finally gave up on them.

I went onto my account to delete it and found out that there is no way to do so. I believe that this practice of not allowing a customer to delete their account borders on fraud. I am thinking of calling a lawyer to see if a class action suit could be waged to put this company out of business. I am sure they could collect enough complainants to build a strong case.

I deleted my payment information and what little else I could, but I cannot delete the address on the account. What the *** is that about?

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Same here - emailed (supposedly) the CEO and received a response stating/committing to a full refund - however, no real follow-up after that, just canned email responses and they stopped responded to me all together on their facebook page. I reached out to; Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP - they are a class action law firm specializing in consumer protection - maybe if enough of you email them as well, they will take up the matter legally I believe Doordash is an offshore business, with a ghost presence in the US - that's why we can't get to someone that can actually process a refund, etc.

NondescriptBirman658

"A class-action lawsuit" I'll join on that bandwagon. These *** have been playing fast and loose with our funds for too damned long.

I'm having the same problem. There is no way to submit a request.

Poor service, orders messed up items overpriced, deceptive ordering practices. So many more underhanded activity its simply a business to avoid

FewCatfish247

I totally agree and don’t know hue to move forward as they have actively stolen from me

OddballMarkhor
to FewCatfish247 #1697106

Same here they gone took money from me then try in say something else

Wow same here

I had to call to deactivate the account after doordash stole 72 dollars from my bank account. They have lied again and again for 2 and a half weeks, claiming that they have refunded me.

The charge is still on my account for food I never even received. Please DO NOT give these people your credit card info.

How did you delete your payment information? I'd like to also delete this account and cannot find a way.

I agree . .

. I also tried to delete the account & were not able to.

DecorousGreatWhiteShark

I’m a dasher and went for the orientation today at this address, 2600 S Loop W suite 160 HOUSTON Tx 77054. The lady that attended to us was so rude and she didn’t know how to talk to people like seriously ...

everybody was pissed off at there. I’m writing this for you to know so you can stop her doing that.... the time was between 1:30PM - 2:30PM. On this date of : 04/23/2019.

She doesn’t have any matters. Thank you

to DecorousGreatWhiteShark #1704090

You were probably being *** retarded. I went to orientation with that same lady in Houston & people are stupid as *** and ask a million questions about *** that she JUST talked about. People don’t *** listen!

I agree they should let you delete your account.

DOOR DASH SUCKS... THEY'RE NOT WORTH A ***

How did delete your payment info?

ExclusiveBengalTiger813
to Anonymous #1704827

I added an old MasterCard gift card, that only had $1.01 left on it. That was the only way that I was able to delete my other credit card.

DoorDash is the worst service ever

"You can deactivate your DoorDash account anytime by submitting an account deactivation request. To ensure DoorDash can address your request as quickly as possible, please provide the following information when filing a support case: Full Name Email Address Phone Number Category: Account Settings Subcategory: None Description: Request to deactivate DoorDash Account *Please remember to click on the Submit button after you have filled out all the required fields. FILE A SUPPORT CASE" https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/contactsupport

to Anonymous #1671175

what if i own a restaurant i you keep messing up my orders and are messing with my yelp reviews?

#1662018

I have come to the same conclusion. I have had nothing but inconsistencies with the deliveries.

Also, their pricing is questionable. In their merchant agreement, section 6. An excerpt, "DoorDash may also elect (in its sole discretion) to charge an End Customer fees, including but not limited to a Delivery Fee and/or a Service Fee, as well as an additional markup for Merchant Products." I just purchased $23.05 in food. There were $1.22 in local taxes, $3.99 in delivery charges, and $3.46 as a service fee.

This doesn't include any tip to the driver. So, essentially even the food you're purchasing can be marked up by DoorDash. Besides not being able to delete your account. I am not able to remove my credit card info.

There was a recent update to their website. I believe that option was there before.

In today's world, consumers should have full control over their info. DoorDash should provide basic options, such as deletion of credit card info and account.