24.8K views

Unbelievable!!! After many, many bad experiences with Doordash, I finally gave up on them.

I went onto my account to delete it and found out that there is no way to do so. I believe that this practice of not allowing a customer to delete their account borders on fraud. I am thinking of calling a lawyer to see if a class action suit could be waged to put this company out of business. I am sure they could collect enough complainants to build a strong case.

I deleted my payment information and what little else I could, but I cannot delete the address on the account. What the *** is that about?

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I agree they should let you delete your account.

DOOR DASH SUCKS... THEY'RE NOT WORTH A ***

How did delete your payment info?

DoorDash is the worst service ever

"You can deactivate your DoorDash account anytime by submitting an account deactivation request. To ensure DoorDash can address your request as quickly as possible, please provide the following information when filing a support case: Full Name Email Address Phone Number Category: Account Settings Subcategory: None Description: Request to deactivate DoorDash Account *Please remember to click on the Submit button after you have filled out all the required fields. FILE A SUPPORT CASE" https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/contactsupport

to Anonymous #1671175

what if i own a restaurant i you keep messing up my orders and are messing with my yelp reviews?

#1662018

I have come to the same conclusion. I have had nothing but inconsistencies with the deliveries.

Also, their pricing is questionable. In their merchant agreement, section 6. An excerpt, "DoorDash may also elect (in its sole discretion) to charge an End Customer fees, including but not limited to a Delivery Fee and/or a Service Fee, as well as an additional markup for Merchant Products." I just purchased $23.05 in food. There were $1.22 in local taxes, $3.99 in delivery charges, and $3.46 as a service fee.

This doesn't include any tip to the driver. So, essentially even the food you're purchasing can be marked up by DoorDash. Besides not being able to delete your account. I am not able to remove my credit card info.

There was a recent update to their website. I believe that option was there before.

In today's world, consumers should have full control over their info. DoorDash should provide basic options, such as deletion of credit card info and account.

to DB #1664651

Worst customer service ever.

NEVER EVER Work for Doordash none payment to good to true burned me bad .No one to call BLOCKED my number on pay day no customer service you'll never get paid they'll work you until pay day then there will be no one to talk to at all SAD TIMES USA stop doing people wrong class action lawsuit needed NOW wasted $40 in gas .coldblooded devil soul taker

to John West 3745 #1660500

Sorry to hear that

Same experience. Too many negatives to continue using Door Dash.

Went to try to delete my account & info, but no way. Fraud is representing yourself or your company as providing a particular service, then being unable to carry out your end of the service as provider.

Door Dash says it has customers it does not represent. At least two that I know.

SaneWhale392

This is my exact frustration and I’m having a hard time removing my credit card information as well I’ve also noticed that the app charges card before a driver accepts or the merchant confirms which makes it difficult to get your money back

I too had a similar incident and have involved my credit card company. This company is fraud and very rude customer service.

In this day and age where customer service is everything to keep business going, this company clearly doesn't care. The company will shut down very soon.....no doubt about that!!

I agree, i would love to sue these crooks.

I got charged 35 bucks and have not used the app. I'm not happy about this hence I tried to delete it only to be told that I couldn't. Okay...

took 1 hour phone call to delete my account.

I have tried to do the same and there is no way. This is ridiculous

I could NOT find a way to cancel. I removed my card and put in filler info into the account.

I also tried deleting my account after they stiffed me a couple of times with expensive orders. The company make it impossible to their contact customer, as the option on the app and website, is constantly "experiencing problems." I will never conduct business through them again.

I was not able to cancel from the app. I called 855-973-1040 and they cancelled it. After phone call I tried to log in and was not able to.