17.5K views

Unbelievable!!! After many, many bad experiences with Doordash, I finally gave up on them.

I went onto my account to delete it and found out that there is no way to do so. I believe that this practice of not allowing a customer to delete their account borders on fraud. I am thinking of calling a lawyer to see if a class action suit could be waged to put this company out of business. I am sure they could collect enough complainants to build a strong case.

I deleted my payment information and what little else I could, but I cannot delete the address on the account. What the *** is that about?

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!! IT IS TERRIBLE AND VERY SHADY THAT WE CANNOT REMOVE OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONCE WE SIGN UP TO TRY IT!!!

Same experience here too! I want nothing to do with Door Dash anymore after they were no help to me.

I don't even receive responses anymore from my emails or phone calls. If you file a lawsuit, I'm in!

I just had the same experience. Just like Uber they don't allow you to delete your account.

I am not even able to remove my credit card info. From my understanding, this practice unfortunately isn't illegal, at least in CA.

Same.. someone from a foreign country ordered some Popeyes..

crazy how you can even remove your account or even get help from removing your credit card info.. how to get it off some random site (appreciate this site).

to Not Happy #1594629

Same thing happen to me

My wife just had her account hacked or multiple orders were placed in a matter of minutes! We called doodash shortly after calling our bank to report the fraudulent activity and door dash says they are sorry but they cannot delete our account WTF!!!!

GracefulWhippet
to AngryJoe #1580163

Same thing happened to me October 12th. I called Door Dash and they did was argue with me. I want to find a way to hold them accountable.

BeefyGiantClam642

The same thing happened to me. October 2, 2018

HungryPerch

WOW!!! THIS IS CONCERNING!!!!!

They are PATHETIC and crooks! A company which doesn't allow customers to easily deactivate their account is a FRAUD.

After going into circles on my own I found out how to remove my credit card but still can't delete the account. I refuse to talk to them on the phone!

They started out ok but my last order was missing 1/3 plus the bummy delivery driver was on the phone using the N-word, that's a no-go for me. Never again will I use or recommend them.

to Lav #1582001

How do you delete the cards? I can’t figure that out. I want to delete my whole account, but this thread verifies it’s not possible.

to Stephanie #1599262

click the X and it will remove the card from the account. Go here to deactivate account. https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/article/How-to-deactivate-your-DoorDash-Account Unfortunately, there's no way to delete accounts.

I tried to delete mine after I figured out that they charge more than the item at the place on top of the 10% service fee and delivery. They are ripping people off big time.

to Lav #1590134

How did you delete your credit card info. I can't figure out how to. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

to Lav #1598061

How do you remove the debit card information can you please help me

to Marc #1599261

You have to place an item in cart and in the check out you click change under payment. There will be an X by the card. click the X and it will remove the card from the account.

You can call the customer service number and delete your account! I did!

to Anonymous #1590904

They wil deactivate only, leaving all your personal information on file.

I have the same problem. I cannot change the debit card information that the scam person set up for me.

I requested them to remove it but they still keep it for what I do not. I want to stop working with this company.

I will wait few days more let see they will solve my problem or not. They refuse to asnwer my question and answer what not relate what I want to know.

Try being a business! We have our own delivery people and doordash refuses to remove their link on our Google page.

We never signed up with them or got anything from them. Except unhappy customers that we cant help because they used an unauthorized third party.

It was easy to delete cc info. Thanks to the posters below for providing Customer Service number so I could delete my account.

I was a huge fan of DoorDash, ordering through their service multiple times until the last time. I made a regular order. It was curious that the Dasher completely disappeared from the tracker, then only reappeared when they were right outside the door. When I opened it...there was a child delivering my food with what I could only assume was the parent/Dasher recording the whole thing without my consent.

It was only after that that I began questioning the amount of privacy and data I'd exchanged just for simplicity in saving time. In the FAQ area, it was hard to differentiate where I was rating either the restaurant (which I love) or the Dasher (questionable in dashing).

Their only response was to give me credits. They seem to have updated their FAQs to include updating cc info, but still had to google to find the customer service number here.