1.2K views
1.3
Additional Fees

I had placed an order using door dash- was buying lunch for one of my employees birthday. When I went to check out it said there was an error processing my payment; however it was debited from my account.

I called customer service and the rep had explained that he had heard about this happening before and transferred me to a supervisor. When I got on the phone with her, she also explained that this had started happening a few weeks ago. So she said to try to place my order again, which I was unwilling to do because I didn't want to be charged another $50.00 especially if we were going to have the same issue. So I asked her to come up with another solution....she said the only way was to place another order...so I offered her a solution- I told her to add credits to my account and I would use those to process my order, she put me on hold to confirm that she could do this.

She came back and said she got authorization to add door dash credits but my card had to have a minimum of $.50 for driver tip; that's fine, I actually added 15% because after all this is a corporate issue, not the drivers fault. When placing the order again- the same thing happened- I got an error message that said payment failed but again, the 15% tip I added was debited from my account. So now I'm even more frustrated and the supervisor kept saying she didn't know what to do. She tried placing the order from her end...this time we had to add the minimum of $.50 for driver tip- again the same thing with the error message and my account was debited again.

I told her to get her supervisor on the phone..now I'm pissed, my account keeps getting debited and I have no food order!!!! at first she told me that there was no one on the floor above her; I told her that I have now been on the phone for 30 minutes, still no solution and it was unacceptable. So now...a different supervisor gets on the phone. I asked her; if they had a company account set up with a cc attached to it so they can place the order and I don't get charged again; go figure...they don't.

That would be an affective solution but it seems that's not very sensible to them. This supervisor this time tried placing my order again, for the 4th time...this time, she said the $.50 charge for the driver tip was "declined" because I didn't have $0.50 in my account...ummm don't insult me- of course I have $.50 in my account- I checked my account and of course another debit from door dash.

I was offered additional credits- which I won't use because I will never use them again!!!!! It baffles me that they don't have a house account or even managers on staff that can come up with affective solutions for their customers.

I am a director of a large business and I would never have let one of my clients walk away this upset and unsatisfied.

So for today...I am out over $50.00 in my account and still no food!!!!!!!!!!!

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of doordash account from Doordash. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $55 and wants Doordash to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Grubhub. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Doordash for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I had the SAME problem and they are slow to refund.

Do not tip Doordash drivers via the app! They get paid like waiters do, in a way.

They make a minimum amount per delivery, say like $7, but if you tip $5, Doordash only pays the driver $2.

If you don't tip, Doordash pays the driver $7. The drivers make the same amount whether you tip or not - so you should tip in cash.

Never AGAIN WILL I ORDER FEOM THEM JUST PLACEd my order. Food never arrived and my order doesn’t show on the app but was charged on my account. I called them to complain and now they say they don’t even have an account for me like wtf

The same thing happened to me I just ordered food and it charged me but it says no previous orders so I’m not going to get my food