357 views
3.0

I attempted to order food through Door Dash, but at the payment stage, "An unknown error occurred." Unable to get around it, I gave up and called it a night. The next morning, I had a charge on my debit card from DoorDash for the amount of the order (about $35).

I called customer service. The rep I spoke to seemed eager to help, but had little knowledge of the refund process and admitted that "this happens all the time" due to a technical problem. He recommended I email a screencap of the charge on my bank statement to support, which I did.

About a day later, I received a cookie-cutter email reply from support telling me that I could expect a refund within a week. It's been 5 days and nothing yet. The fact that this was allowed to happen in the first place, and the way DoorDash handled the response, has put me off them permanently. I asked to have my account deleted. In response, it was "disabled" meaning they still have access to my information, including the payment information they've already misused once; I just can't log in. Do not trust this company!

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

DOORDASH Pros: Restaurant selection.

DOORDASH Cons: Technical problems, Customer service, Missing items, Cold food.

Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota