Houston, Texas
1.9
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

So I noticed on a menu item they had a price of $15.95 for a half chicken and to add an additional $7 for a whole chicken. Now on the restaurants website it shows 8.95 for the half chicken and an additional $7 for the whole ($15.95).

So I thought oh it must have been a slip up putting the price of the whole chicken for the half. So I sent them an email to let them know so it could be fixed. They responded that often menu prices are slightly increased to pay operation costs. I responded that when the service fee was added at the end.

It was said that previously the menu prices were slightly higher but now it was shown at the end for "transparency". Also that $7 is not a slight increase especially on an item that should be $8.95. I told them that i order at least 4 times a week but now I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I thought maybe this would get a real reaction(especially since it's true.).

Instead of some generic response. So, then I get another email. Saying, the exact same thing except much longer and more drawn out. Finally at the end trying to blame the restaurant for it.

Now I know on restaurants that don't have delivery service fees it's because the restaurant agrees to pay door dash a percentage. So in this case perhaps a restaurant would ask that the listed price of all items be a certain percentage higher. However I seriously doubt that they would say hey keep all the prices the same but increase this one item by $7.

I responded that once again $7 on one item isn't slight and I'm sick of getting generic reaponses that it seems no one has even taken a moment to look at. Needless to say I won't be ordering from door dash again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chicken.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments