It sounds like your chance of encountering with a rude dasher is fairly common when using DoorDash based on all these reviews. This is my second time using DoorDash because I was fairly happy with my first time experience.

The first dasher was nice and the food came on time. Keep in mind my house is located on the main road so there aren't many parking options (just driveways, no street parking). The first time around, dasher pulled up to my house and parked in front of my house (in the middle of the main road and blocking traffic). I was in the house at the time and received a notification that she was "approaching" me with my food so I assumed she was walking up to the door.

I've ordered food multiple times from multiple places and they would always pull into my driveway, get out of their cars, and hand me my food. This time, I waited and waited, she was still in her car, parked in the middle of the road, no sign of her getting out of the car, so I went to her and got my food. Nothing much happened, she was nice and pleasant. Second time around, being a considerate person that I am, I tried to make everyone's life easier by waiting in my driveway (right next to my car), so it would be easier for the dasher to just hand me the food without having to park the car in the middle of the road.

This second dasher lady approached my house, stopped in front of my driveway with me standing there. So I walked up to her and asked if she was from DoorDash. Without a Hello or Hi or even a smile. She rudely said "don't walk up to us like that next time we don't like that we don't know who you are" as if I was going to do something to her by walking 3 ft towards her car and holding a phone in my hands.

I did say sorry, grabbed my food and quickly left. Now that I think about it, I shouldn't even have to say sorry at all. I'm not sure if this is a personal preference (she said 'us') or what is DoorDash's guidelines on this because all I was trying to do was to make her life easier based on my first time experience. Or, she could've at least said it in a better way, rather than being rude and unpleasant about it.

I've also heard stories of Dashers not receiving their paychecks so I don't want to judge because i don't know what's going on in her life or it could just simply be her actual personality (if it is, that's just sad because that's a nasty personality to have). That is all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Vehicle Driver.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Delivery - it has always sucked, Gets worse and worse.

Comments

This person gave you advice that could save your life and this is what you think to do.... You simply don't walk up on people you don't know.

One, what if that wasn't the Dasher? Secondly, look at what happened in Minnesota when someone like you walked up on a cop car.

The lady was zapped and is now in a grave. It's sad that you need a little smile to make your day better and give you a feeling of superiority...

to Anonymous #1685662

Hey *** bag...she was very sensible and wasn't approaching a police vehicle. She even said the dasher could have simply been less rude about it, not that they were wrong...but that they were rude and in customer service being rude won't get you far. You'd be the only one here with a superiority complex

to Anonymous #1686144

I'm thinking the poster is telling you sheltered "I live my life on an app" people the way it is out there. Despite what you think or have been told, you mean nothing to a lot of people out there.

It's up to you and others to determine if you want to heed the advice or not No one cares what the OP's motivation was or if you think the commenter is a DBag Follow the advice or not. It's up to you..