I have been using Door dash for over a year with no problem when all of a sudden my account was deactivated with no warning. When I contacted Door Dash They said it was for a violation in terms.

When I asked what terms I violated they refused to give specifics only stated again that my account was deactivated for violation of terms. Only what terms could I have violated. I ordered, paid promptly and that was it. I've never had a problem with this or any other food app before.

I then called in to the customer service number and they told me that I should have been warned ahead of time but I wasn't and when asked who I need to peak to appeal the decision to deactivate my account they said there was no one that the "investigative team" investigates automatically and send findings to escalation team who should contact us via phone or email. Neither of which happened. So outside of that mysterious process that never occurred, there is nothing I can do and no one I can appeal the decision to. That is a ridiculous way of doing business.

I ordered food anywhere from 2 to 5 days a week with orders ranging from 15 to 50 dollars (average of about 25 dollars). Over one year I probably spent

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Account.

Reason of review: deactivation of customer account.

Preferred solution: reactivation of account.

I didn't like: Customer account was deactivated with warning.

Comments

Time to learn to cook. It requires preparation ; you must pick your on groceries, get them home, put them away, prepare the food, wash the dishes.

But you'll eat better and it ill cost less.

I can't imagine waiting for delivery food which will likely be 45 minutes to an hour old / cold after some stranger (possibly ill) has handled it and put it in their car (where they do heaven only knows what else) and pay extra for the privilege. Laziest concept I've ever heard of so I'm not surprised that it's popular.