Update added by user May 28, 2015
Recently, it has come to my attention that DoorDash employees/founders have been posting 5/5 star ratings on review sites including Google +, The Apple Store, and the Android app site.
DoorDash, led by CEO Tony Xu, is also taking advantage of its workers.The drivers are independent contractors, who don’t receive any reimbursements for gas, car wear & tear, parking/toll fees, cancelled orders, and/or phone data plan usage.
DoorDash drivers don’t get any comprehensive auto insurance coverage, overtime pay, stipends to tip restaurant workers, sick leave, vacation days, health insurance, disability insurance, retirement, unemployment compensation, and/or family/medical leave.
Independent contractors are also required to pay self-employment taxes on earnings.
Considering these costs, a wage of close to $10/hour (including tips) can turn into much less than minimum wage.
As if that weren’t enough, DoorDash has also stolen pictures for its advertising campaigns.Please ask yourself if you really want to support a company engaged in such unethical behavior, and trust them with handling your food.
Update added by user Mar 26, 2015
There have been reports that DoorDash has been using restaurant logos & re-selling food without the restaurant's permission.
Original review posted by user Mar 24, 2015
Delightful Delivery?! More like Deceptive Delivery! These guys jack up the prices on their menu items, while making it appear like they are the restaurants' actual prices.
There are no disclaimers on the app that the prices are different, and the only evasive mention of the practice is hidden in their web site FAQs. You would have thought their Ivy League founders could have come up with something more original than common fraud!
Don't be fooled by the quoted delivery fee. It comes out to a lot more once you add on each menu item mark-up, which makes it a scam.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Their customer service is HORRIBLE; and so is their food. They don't return phone calls or emails. I sent them several messages informing them I was canceling the Auto-renewal program..."
- "Made an order for Pieology Pizza of around $40.00. About 15 minutes after placing the order from my iPhone App, Dealdash texted me back saying that the restaurant was "unusually..."
- "I refere over 10 people to drive with door dash & they are denying my referral bonuses I have submitted pic from my app with people I refere been contacting..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I had purchased 1,000 shares of AGNC early in 2012; the purchase was made in two consecutive blocks of 700 and 300. Through dividends reinvestment I purchase two more blocks..."
- "We bought our GE Cafe gas range/oven in 2008 and were pleased for the most part except for knobs. Beware they break...complete design flaw. The plastic tip where the knob..."
- "I bought a slimming pills from this seller http://www.ioffer.com/selling/nixiao but I never get the items. He/she cheated my $100 (my hard earned money). Please be careful. He/she might have other account. April..."