Update added by user May 28, 2015
Recently, it has come to my attention that DoorDash employees/founders have been posting 5/5 star ratings on review sites including Google +, The Apple Store, and the Android app site.
DoorDash, led by CEO Tony Xu, is also taking advantage of its workers.The drivers are independent contractors, who don’t receive any reimbursements for gas, car wear & tear, parking/toll fees, cancelled orders, and/or phone data plan usage.
DoorDash drivers don’t get any comprehensive auto insurance coverage, overtime pay, stipends to tip restaurant workers, sick leave, vacation days, health insurance, disability insurance, retirement, unemployment compensation, and/or family/medical leave.
Independent contractors are also required to pay self-employment taxes on earnings.
Considering these costs, a wage of close to $10/hour (including tips) can turn into much less than minimum wage.
As if that weren’t enough, DoorDash has also stolen pictures for its advertising campaigns.Please ask yourself if you really want to support a company engaged in such unethical behavior, and trust them with handling your food.
Update added by user Mar 26, 2015
There have been reports that DoorDash has been using restaurant logos & re-selling food without the restaurant's permission.
Original review posted by user Mar 24, 2015
Delightful Delivery?! More like Deceptive Delivery! These guys jack up the prices on their menu items, while making it appear like they are the restaurants' actual prices.
There are no disclaimers on the app that the prices are different, and the only evasive mention of the practice is hidden in their web site FAQs. You would have thought their Ivy League founders could have come up with something more original than common fraud!
Don't be fooled by the quoted delivery fee. It comes out to a lot more once you add on each menu item mark-up, which makes it a scam.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had three bad experiences with Doordash.com. Two were on one order. The first time I went to order the site didn't work properly. To order two things from one restaurant..."
- "My family and I have used Harry and David many, many times over the years for gifts of individual boxes of fruit to Fruit of the Month Club. This year..."
- "My first order from Schwans will be my last! I tried out their products not because of convenience but because it sounded interesting. I received a box of..."
- "After a long search, I was directed to MyTitleSupport https://www.mytitlesupport.com/volts/index.jsf ...$23, 2 business days to process, waiting on standard mail. Fingers crossed. You can use MyTitleSupport for... Lien Satisfaction - proof your loan..."
- "Virgin America offered "go for two" meaning when you get two seats its for the price of one. I tried to book my flight to Puerto Vallarta and my total..."
- "Ordered a Tag Heuer Carrera and arrived quickly. It was well packaged. So that part went well. From there it only went downhill: - The "CARRERA" printed on the dial..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."