Update added by user May 28, 2015
Recently, it has come to my attention that DoorDash employees/founders have been posting 5/5 star ratings on review sites including Google +, The Apple Store, and the Android app site.
DoorDash, led by CEO Tony Xu, is also taking advantage of its workers.The drivers are independent contractors, who don’t receive any reimbursements for gas, car wear & tear, parking/toll fees, cancelled orders, and/or phone data plan usage.
DoorDash drivers don’t get any comprehensive auto insurance coverage, overtime pay, stipends to tip restaurant workers, sick leave, vacation days, health insurance, disability insurance, retirement, unemployment compensation, and/or family/medical leave.
Independent contractors are also required to pay self-employment taxes on earnings.
Considering these costs, a wage of close to $10/hour (including tips) can turn into much less than minimum wage.
As if that weren’t enough, DoorDash has also stolen pictures for its advertising campaigns.Please ask yourself if you really want to support a company engaged in such unethical behavior, and trust them with handling your food.
Update added by user Mar 26, 2015
There have been reports that DoorDash has been using restaurant logos & re-selling food without the restaurant's permission.
Original review posted by user Mar 24, 2015
Delightful Delivery?! More like Deceptive Delivery! These guys jack up the prices on their menu items, while making it appear like they are the restaurants' actual prices.
There are no disclaimers on the app that the prices are different, and the only evasive mention of the practice is hidden in their web site FAQs. You would have thought their Ivy League founders could have come up with something more original than common fraud!
Don't be fooled by the quoted delivery fee. It comes out to a lot more once you add on each menu item mark-up, which makes it a scam.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Worse experience Ever!!!!!!!!!! I have never had this bad of an experience with Door Dash. I understand they would call and notify you before but this time was really bad. I..."
- "Didn't receive my food and won't refund me. Usually, startup's main goal is customer satisfaction. BUT, doordash is quite the opposite. They don't give a *** about their customers. Got ripped..."
- "Waited over two hours for delivery. The delivery guy argues that I didn't pay by card. I owed cash. Trying to run game. My food was cold and soggy. Even..."
- "I sold a set of brand new AUTHENTIC Mac look in a box Advanced set brushes. The girl claimed they were counterfeit so a case was opened and I sent..."
- "I've been a pretty faithful consumer of AT&T for some time. Until I found out that my Smart phone that was stolen in July 2012 was never shut down and..."
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."
- "Good deals on furniture, a decent warrantee, but BAD delivery. They must hire on-the-cheap, because these guys not only did extensive damage to my home, they could not even bring..."