I ordered cupcakes to be delivered to an out of state friend on her birthday two days in advance.Then I get a notice an hour before delivery that my order is cancelled because the bakery didn’t have the flavor available.

How was the bakery out of what I ordered when given two days advance notice? Does Doordash fail to alert the restaurants and bakeries in advance and just hope they have what the customer ordered when they go to pick it up? Or does the Doordash website misrepresent what the businesses have available for sale? An hour before scheduled delivery is not enough time for me to make other arrangements and get the cupcakes to my friend as promised.

They said in their cancelation notice that they tried to call me about substitutions which sounds responsible, but I don’t have any missed calls on my phone.

I am absolutely livid with this delivery service for failing to deliver, for making me look like a *** and for letting my friend down on her birthday.Worst first and last experience with Doordash!

Review about: Doordash Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with Doordash?

Comments

San Francisco, California, United States #1276706

Thats exactly how it works. I dashed for a month and realized whst a mess it was. Many times after driving to a restaurant and a writing the order was not ready for item was not even in stock because of the lack of communication It's a horrible company they Omie $600 and pay and they are just giving me the runaround