Verified Reviewer

Update by user Oct 05, 2020

Full Refund without Sincere Apology

Update by user Oct 05, 2020

So I didn't give up and I finally chatted with a rep from customer service and after the apology bot was launched. Notes were taken to ensure the situation wouldn't repeat itself.

Then I was gifted $10 divided in half so $5 off my next two orders. As if 1. Im ever using them again. 2.

I insisted on a full refund after which I would accept their gift. ... I received my refund but not the $$ off codes which is no big deal because I won't need them.

Delivery services like this don't even screen their hires and once you pay and include a tip there isn't much incentive to do a good job or do the job at all and the driver gets a free meal and money for the movies. Never again!

Original review posted by user Sep 05, 2020

The COVID-19 pandemic and resulting quarantine has created a chaos that is expensive and frustrating. With less choice; new, stricter regimens and practices haunting responsibilities in continued care of our loved ones that now has NO flexibility No margin for error.

It was a hard decision when I finally ordered a birthday meal for my disabled child who is more vulnerable then others at risk. I almost overthought the litany ir pros and cons; what ifs; what's next before I got a grip. Doordash was the 3rd party delivery service used. Advertising new protocol; contactless methods; reaffirmed customer respect.

So I ordered the food and paid online I paid tax and service fees and almost twice the suggested tip for the "essential" worker. The food came when expected. I unwrapped the foil the looked crumpled on one end and folded on the other to see obvious bite marks! I called the café and with the mgr in the line I sifted thru the bags looking for more problems.

Nothing else, but I still threw away all. I sat down, took a deep breath and lifted a soda cup to insert a straw when I saw under the edge of the rim patches of orange waxy lipstick!

Prepaid and pre-tipped 3rd party delivery services gross me out. No more leaps of faith with them!

User's recommendation: Use pick up or at least tip in cash after you inspect.

DOORDASH Cons: Ewwww too many to list, Some of the drivers may eat some of your food.

Comments