DoorDash Cancelled My Order 5-minutes Before Expected Delivery

24 of 292 Doordash reviews

Update added by user Nov 17

It seems after posting my full experience on this site, BBB, and requesting an update from Tony's e-mail, Alex, gave me a call back about my experience.

In short, Alex refunded my recent lunch that I placed with them. I expected a little more since I did not want to suggest anything due to their mistake but I hope my complaints and many others get their spotlight.

Original review posted by user Nov 17

Worse experience Ever!!!!!!!!!!

I have never had this bad of an experience with Door Dash. I understand they would call and notify you before but this time was really bad. I placed a lunch order for my employees and I, and the order states it would be delivered at 11:33am PST. I've been monitoring the automatic updates and stated my order was being processed. At about 11:20am PST, the order stated the driver was on the way to the restaurant to pick up the order and "luckily" I checked my e-mail and it stated my order was cancelled/full refund at 11:28am PST. I did not receive a call about my order.

After all this, I went into chat and spoke to a representative about the order cancelled and stated I never received a phone call about it. The gentlemen, Philip John, tried to assist me and stated my order was refunded. Sure, that's great but what about my hungry employees and I's lunch? At the same time, I had to inform my colleagues about how Door Dash messed up our lunch order and placed a new order with them to a closer restaurant. Keep in mind, my employees were looking forward to their lunch since it was a restaurant we haven't had in a few weeks. He offered a store credit of $30, which wasn't fine because we expected our food to be delivered on time and my office had to wait another hour for our new lunch. I became furious about the issue and requested to speak to his supervisor for a higher compensation.

I was transferred to Jazmina G and she kept insisting that the restaurant would not accept their payment for some reason, which is why my order was cancelled. I kept insisting her that the $30 credit is not enough for my hungry office and time wasted. I requested to receive full credit of my meal due to their mistake and not calling me about the issue. In addition, I e-mailed the CEO and Co-founder, Tony Xu (tony@doordash.com), and I haven't received a response about my huge complaint.

I've been loyal a customer since July and placed an order every Wednesday since then but now looking at how they treated me, I no longer look forward to place my order with them EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

Keep in mind, last month they only charged a delivery fee ($5.99) and the dasher's tip. Since this month, they added a new surcharge (18%) to assure your order will be made correctly. There's no purpose of a surcharge since the failed at this.

Photo 1: Shows Estimated time when the order was placed and expect (review time)

Photo 2: Shows when they cancelled my order minutes before the expected delivery time.

Photo 3: Shows the e-mail I sent directly to Tony Xu about my experience and I haven't heard anything from him.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Reason of review:
Order cancelled minutes before expected delivery.
Preferred solution:
I expected a complimentary lunch due to their huge mistake but now, I expect a company solution that I would agree with.
Monetary loss:
Review category
Delivery
review #956852 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Doordash? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
24 of 292 Doordash reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.