DoorDash Cancelled My Order 5-minutes Before Expected Delivery
Update added by user Nov 17
It seems after posting my full experience on this site, BBB, and requesting an update from Tony's e-mail, Alex, gave me a call back about my experience.
In short, Alex refunded my recent lunch that I placed with them. I expected a little more since I did not want to suggest anything due to their mistake but I hope my complaints and many others get their spotlight.
Original review posted by user Nov 17
Worse experience Ever!!!!!!!!!!
I have never had this bad of an experience with Door Dash. I understand they would call and notify you before but this time was really bad. I placed a lunch order for my employees and I, and the order states it would be delivered at 11:33am PST. I've been monitoring the automatic updates and stated my order was being processed. At about 11:20am PST, the order stated the driver was on the way to the restaurant to pick up the order and "luckily" I checked my e-mail and it stated my order was cancelled/full refund at 11:28am PST. I did not receive a call about my order.
After all this, I went into chat and spoke to a representative about the order cancelled and stated I never received a phone call about it. The gentlemen, Philip John, tried to assist me and stated my order was refunded. Sure, that's great but what about my hungry employees and I's lunch? At the same time, I had to inform my colleagues about how Door Dash messed up our lunch order and placed a new order with them to a closer restaurant. Keep in mind, my employees were looking forward to their lunch since it was a restaurant we haven't had in a few weeks. He offered a store credit of $30, which wasn't fine because we expected our food to be delivered on time and my office had to wait another hour for our new lunch. I became furious about the issue and requested to speak to his supervisor for a higher compensation.
I was transferred to Jazmina G and she kept insisting that the restaurant would not accept their payment for some reason, which is why my order was cancelled. I kept insisting her that the $30 credit is not enough for my hungry office and time wasted. I requested to receive full credit of my meal due to their mistake and not calling me about the issue. In addition, I e-mailed the CEO and Co-founder, Tony Xu (firstname.lastname@example.org), and I haven't received a response about my huge complaint.
I've been loyal a customer since July and placed an order every Wednesday since then but now looking at how they treated me, I no longer look forward to place my order with them EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
Keep in mind, last month they only charged a delivery fee ($5.99) and the dasher's tip. Since this month, they added a new surcharge (18%) to assure your order will be made correctly. There's no purpose of a surcharge since the failed at this.
Photo 1: Shows Estimated time when the order was placed and expect (review time)
Photo 2: Shows when they cancelled my order minutes before the expected delivery time.
Photo 3: Shows the e-mail I sent directly to Tony Xu about my experience and I haven't heard anything from him.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Order cancelled minutes before expected delivery.
- Preferred solution:
- I expected a complimentary lunch due to their huge mistake but now, I expect a company solution that I would agree with.
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "...I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears".These are NOT the Royal Riviera Pears they used to sell...."
- "Skinny Dip Noodles show misleading images about their noodles. All the recipes show regular pasta and not their skinny dip pasta. Just look at what their pasta looks like and..."
- "Bad experience with "Crofton Maryland" franchise 10/10/15 !!! Ordered (from Portland Oregon) the "Harvest Bouquet" with football vase for Daughters 34 birthday who lives/works (Nurse) Crofton Maryland. This looks..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."