9.5K views
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I placed an order for delivery and was surprised when the restaurant only had a doordash option as I thought they had their own personal delivery person... Anyway I was always skeptical about a random person delivering food that was not associated with the restaurant ordered from but the restaurant was only 5mins away so I thought I'd give it a try for the 1st time.

After creating my DD account and putting in my credit card info I was notified in real time about my order. Delivery was estimated 45min but 40min later my realtime display was showing delivered at 4:53pm and here it is 5:05pm??? I left 2 phone numbers for the driver to call upon arrival but received no calls no delivery NOTHING.... I'm out my money and order and have no one to complain to but a live chat session with DD that has been saying "attempting to reach driver" for the past 30+ minutes.

My drivers name was Maria and thats all I know. SCAM!

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

DoorDash Cons: Fact that i was scammed out of my order and my money.

Comments

Same here. Scammed by fake order and 20$ while I was working at work and got delivery notifications.

Tried everything to cancel it hut there is absolutely positively no way to cancel orders.

Needless to say they took my money, didn’t get my food. And can’t do anything about it.

The whole company is a scam.

Same thing here no one to complain to. No one that can help

ImaginativeJaguar682

Door dash is a scam and I believe the door dash company is doing the scam as well

I literally just ordered from Pizza Hut who also used doordash to deliver. I never received order Driver lied texting that already delivered. These delivery apps all need to go, they abuse customers charging extra for stealing

Doordash is a scam. I was a dasher and they switched my account info and claimed I gave out my information. They owe me about 300 dollars which they refuse to pay.

to Robbie Brice #1680730

That’s happening to me right now. What should I do ?

UnrulyTiger437
to ImaginativeJaguar682 #1694773

This is happening to me as well, someone hacked my account and changed my bank info so my direct deposit went to them.

Why are they listing restaurants that don’t want to be listed???? Same thing happened to me today, I placed an order then got a call saying the restaurant cancelled the order but would be refunded DoorDash credit. I just called my bank and disputed the transaction.

It's always fun reading comments about *** blaming the company for their own sheer stupidity. LOL.

Don't you guys have any common sense? Try reading about scammers on the internet instead of blaming others for your own stupidity if you've been scammed- By the way try to use google it's free.

to Anonymous #1686214

YUH BABY BIG 1400 KNOW WHAT THE *** GOING ON

to Anonymous #1701085

I had the same experience as the others reporting ordering and having to call back to the merchant because the item was never delivered all that was reported delivered. My money was eventually refunded, and phony apologies were made, along with statements like "these things happen sometimes." I believe this comment to her that I am responding to is part of the scam

to Anonymous #1711313

*** bag ! Probably a trump supporter..pfft...

SeriousPekingese759
to Anonymous #1717665

Doordash really is a scam this is clearly one of the only 2 total people who work for the company

F them. I placed an order over two hours ago and next thing I know it’s cancelled, no fore warning, and now I’m afraid they won’t refund my money. Now everything is closed and I’m starving

If you go to help and click on any of the following issues they prompt you to , you recieve door dash credits they won’t give you money on your original form of payment but they’ll give you credits I’ve had to do it twice but they always double what you paid

to Nicole #1596315

if you doing it on a desktop and they offer you credits, and you click 'more options' you can get an immediate refund to your card.

Same problem same amount lost to from 7/18/18 to current date have not been refunded.

Doordash drivers are independent contractors, and not direct employees of Doordash. This makes it difficult for the Dasher because they are not getting paid enough per delivery, and customers don't know.

Many Doordash drivers are victims of scam, because scammers are stealing away orders through online. Many drivers have gotten their money stolen by scammers.

I think this person named "Maria" was part of the scam. I hope Doordash fixes this serious problem soon because everyone, Dasher and customer, are being affected.

to Anonymous #1680736