Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I placed an order for delivery and was surprised when the restaurant only had a doordash option as I thought they had their own personal delivery person...Anyway I was always skeptical about a random person delivering food that was not associated with the restaurant ordered from but the restaurant was only 5mins away so I thought I'd give it a try for the 1st time.

After creating my DD account and putting in my credit card info I was notified in real time about my order. Delivery was estimated 45min but 40min later my realtime display was showing delivered at 4:53pm and here it is 5:05pm??? I left 2 phone numbers for the driver to call upon arrival but received no calls no delivery NOTHING.... I'm out my money and order and have no one to complain to but a live chat session with DD that has been saying "attempting to reach driver" for the past 30+ minutes.

My drivers name was Maria and thats all I know.SCAM!

Review about: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Fact that i was scammed out of my order and my money.

Had an Experience with Doordash?

Comments

I placed an order and once I completed the order I received an oops response.I checked my account and found that door dash received the transaction without delivering services.

There was no way for me to contact the merchant so I had to call my back to cancel the transaction.I am very disappointed and I will not recommend this app to anyone.

yeah appears to be a scam, however people some times have some claims about the most ridiculous things, people want to have someone to pick up or order and pick up food without any charge, lazy and dumb people that thinks that this kind of services are for free, people that think that for a few dollars someone will do a line for them pay for parking, and get the food to their homes and that the person that delivers only have their order to take care of, what about the fact that the delivery service pick up from places that are not fast food and it requires time for the restaurant to get the food done, and that some times specially in weekend those restaurant are packed of customers , no! however some lazy dumb whats his food in 1hr, there is people that order special instructions that restaurants do not follow and doordash gets the blame, so other dumbs think that doordash makes the food and that poorfood QA is doordash fault, yeah the company is run by people so it will fail, however the problem is the poor education and airhead fill customers that exist, and I am sorry to say USA is filled with them, people that confuse rights with wishes, and that still have the wrong idea that the customer is always right, this kind of thinking is poor and leads to have lazy, non educated and non racional customers.

Rich777dc
to jon Bethesda, Maryland, United States #1326608

Communication is the key word with this type of business..........In my situation there was NONE.

to Rich777dc #1400113

Rich this is EXACTLY what happened to me in August. Your review is almost word for word what mine was. They can not be reached and I am still out the money.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1326285

Contact your credit card company tell them about it and screenshot the chat and send it to them.They will refund the disputed amount to your card and deal with the company.

Ive done it many times when a place has messed up and wont refund or answer me.

People quickly resolve the issue when they realize there was a chargeback and theyre not getting paid.Theyll deal with the driver then.