6K views
1.5

I ordered for the first time from Doordash, and the driver STOLE MY FOOD. I placed my order at about 9pm.

The Doordash page popped up, letting me know my order should be delivered by 9:58pm, and that it was "received by restaurant". At 9:13pm, the page switched, asking me how my order went, and to rate it and the food. I jumped up thinking my food was there already (it was from TacoBell, 2 minutes from my house...but my car was in the shop, hence ordering food), only to be greeted by darkness. I waited for 10 more minutes, thinking the site was wrong.

I contacted Doordash's chat window, and their customer service was surprisingly helpful. She (Pennylaine B.) tried to find me another driver, and then gave me a call to explain the nearest driver was 11 miles away, and would not take my order. I asked if my order had been picked up, and she said yes. She then proceeded to tell me she did not want to "speculate", but that the driver probably had an "emergency".

I'm sorry...but how can you have an "emergency" during a 2 MINUTE DRIVE? I am not exaggerating. The Tacobell is right around the corner. I should have risked walking!!

Also, why take the food...and not say anything?? "Pennylaine" even tried calling the driver, and it kept going to voicemail...hmmmm...."Pennylaine" did refund me my money and gave me a $5 credit...which I won't be using. I also found it funny that once I started questioning what happened, she dropped her helpful tone VERY quickly, offered me the refund and ushered me off the phone. I didn't bother checking how safe Doordash is, because who would BE DUMB ENOUGH TO STEAL THE FOOD THEY WERE DELIVERING???

I read Yelp reviews, and apparently, it happens all the time.

I don't know where they find their "Dashers", or how they survive so many refunds, but it is astonishing. Learned my lesson to always check ratings first!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Vehicle Driver.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

DOORDASH Pros: That i may receive a refund.

DOORDASH Cons: Having my order stolen, Not receiving what i paid for, Excuses made for the dasher, Failed delivery, Being scammed.

Location: 5534 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60630, USA

Comments

#2018612

Mid-May 2021 - My whole grocery order - delivered by someone named Le-ann, from the Walmart store in Bloomington, IL - was "shown" to be delivered by the photo she took at a door -- but it was not my door, or my building. I left specific instructions on which door to deliver the $103 worth of food to, but she either ignored it or did not read it & no one pulled up to my apt.

building when the map showed they were close. I was furious! I am a senior who does not have a car & uses a walker so cannot get around easily. I had to call Walmart's customer service (I did not know at the time that Door Dash was the delivery company) & was given a full refund within 24 hours.

& reordered everything.2 days later. I was still angry for days.

#1975146

Soon as the pandemic is over, all these overpriced junk food delivery services will be out of business or sold to the highest bidder. 99% of the restuarants on Doordash are garbage.

You're getting worse food through a delivery service than at the drive through window! You won't get a hot meal but you'll sure get the runs!!

"Dasher" picked up my food (confirmed by the restaurant, when I called) but turned down the pick-up on the app - There was nothing for the new Dasher to pick up. Doordash did nothing. The restaurant refunded me.

#1851911

First order ever. No food, but they left a consolation dessert from the restaurant.

I'm so *** pissed! Who steals food, but goes out of their way to deliver an bordered dessert?!

Just happened to me

Just happened to me today it said my order was here but I got outside and there’s nothing. I called Customer Service they were going to do an investigation and they were delivered my food and are giving me a $10 credit.

It better show up this time. I’ve used DoorDash multiple times and this is never happened to me before.

Just happened to me saw him drive by on my ring app and the customer service was not helpful

This is an old post but had to post my experience for tonight. I ordered food, within minutes of the driver picking it up (still in the restaurant parking lot) I received a text that the driver was having trouble finding me.

Automatically I remember the horror stories of food being stolen. I called him 2 times and texted twice! No answer or return text. He then started driving, got to the end of my street, then I got a message my food was delivered!

I called him 6 times, no answer!

Called DoorDash, they gave me a refund - 5-7 days it’ll be back in my account. I asked what the did to drivers that do this and said “we file a complaint.” Total b.s if you ask me.

#1910210
@Feras Dap

They've done this to me as well. Im so pissed.

I get that they may be having trouble with how dd is paying them but don't make me pay for it.

I tip - double tip sometimes too. Not cool at all

Doordash literally takes anyone. Its not a real job.

A door Dasher named Ali (foreigner) stole my food and claimed that he could not find my residence but the instructions are written and never had this happen before with my other two orders.

@PissedConsumer1659256

dam foreigners.

#1619808

This just happened to me on Christmas. The restaurant works with door dash apparently and I watched the driver start to pull up like he was going to park anthe speed off.

I have been emailing back-and-forth with door – for days letting them know I’m not putting up with their *** because they are trying to lie to me about what the driver said an about me not having an account with them. My grandpa spent the money to have some nice food delivered on Christmas and this is what happens.

#1619810
@PissedConsumer1619808

Door dash*

@PissedConsumer1619810

Feel proud of yourself? Was it worth the comment?

It happened to us too

They said it was delivered and it’s nowhere to be found I walked around my whole house and street you would think if you saw a guy on the street with his phone in the dark it’d be obvious

Same thing except I’m finding it impossible to get into touch with anyone; will never use again

I work for door dash. They don't "find " anyone.

If you prove you have a driver's license they will automatically hire you.

Unfortunately it's a total joke of a job you never make any money from. Stealing your food was probably the only way that driver could eat for the night lol

@PissedConsumer1535336

Funny I average 400 a week working around 30 hrs not sure how that is a job you never make any money from, maybe you just suck at a simple delivery job. Maybe delivering newspapers or running a lemonade stand is more your style.

DOORDASH Reviews