5534 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60630, USA
3.4K views
1.5
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I ordered for the first time from Doordash, and the driver STOLE MY FOOD. I placed my order at about 9pm.

The Doordash page popped up, letting me know my order should be delivered by 9:58pm, and that it was "received by restaurant". At 9:13pm, the page switched, asking me how my order went, and to rate it and the food. I jumped up thinking my food was there already (it was from TacoBell, 2 minutes from my house...but my car was in the shop, hence ordering food), only to be greeted by darkness. I waited for 10 more minutes, thinking the site was wrong.

I contacted Doordash's chat window, and their customer service was surprisingly helpful. She (Pennylaine B.) tried to find me another driver, and then gave me a call to explain the nearest driver was 11 miles away, and would not take my order. I asked if my order had been picked up, and she said yes. She then proceeded to tell me she did not want to "speculate", but that the driver probably had an "emergency".

I'm sorry...but how can you have an "emergency" during a 2 MINUTE DRIVE? I am not exaggerating. The Tacobell is right around the corner. I should have risked walking!!

Also, why take the food...and not say anything?? "Pennylaine" even tried calling the driver, and it kept going to voicemail...hmmmm...."Pennylaine" did refund me my money and gave me a $5 credit...which I won't be using. I also found it funny that once I started questioning what happened, she dropped her helpful tone VERY quickly, offered me the refund and ushered me off the phone. I didn't bother checking how safe Doordash is, because who would BE DUMB ENOUGH TO STEAL THE FOOD THEY WERE DELIVERING???

I read Yelp reviews, and apparently, it happens all the time.

I don't know where they find their "Dashers", or how they survive so many refunds, but it is astonishing. Learned my lesson to always check ratings first!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Vehicle Driver.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

DOORDASH Pros: That i may receive a refund.

DOORDASH Cons: Having my order stolen, Not receiving what i paid for, Excuses made for the dasher, Failed delivery, Being scammed.

Comments

Just happened to me today it said my order was here but I got outside and there’s nothing. I called Customer Service they were going to do an investigation and they were delivered my food and are giving me a $10 credit.

It better show up this time. I’ve used DoorDash multiple times and this is never happened to me before.

Just happened to me saw him drive by on my ring app and the customer service was not helpful

ReceptiveHimalayan127

This is an old post but had to post my experience for tonight. I ordered food, within minutes of the driver picking it up (still in the restaurant parking lot) I received a text that the driver was having trouble finding me.

Automatically I remember the horror stories of food being stolen. I called him 2 times and texted twice! No answer or return text. He then started driving, got to the end of my street, then I got a message my food was delivered!

I called him 6 times, no answer!

Called DoorDash, they gave me a refund - 5-7 days it’ll be back in my account. I asked what the did to drivers that do this and said “we file a complaint.” Total b.s if you ask me.

Doordash literally takes anyone. Its not a real job.

A door Dasher named Ali (foreigner) stole my food and claimed that he could not find my residence but the instructions are written and never had this happen before with my other two orders.

@Ja07

dam foreigners.

#1619808

This just happened to me on Christmas. The restaurant works with door dash apparently and I watched the driver start to pull up like he was going to park anthe speed off.

I have been emailing back-and-forth with door – for days letting them know I’m not putting up with their *** because they are trying to lie to me about what the driver said an about me not having an account with them. My grandpa spent the money to have some nice food delivered on Christmas and this is what happens.

#1619810
@Cassie

Door dash*

ScentedCat

It happened to us too

They said it was delivered and it’s nowhere to be found I walked around my whole house and street you would think if you saw a guy on the street with his phone in the dark it’d be obvious

Same thing except I’m finding it impossible to get into touch with anyone; will never use again

I work for door dash. They don't "find " anyone.

If you prove you have a driver's license they will automatically hire you.

Unfortunately it's a total joke of a job you never make any money from. Stealing your food was probably the only way that driver could eat for the night lol

@Greg B

Funny I average 400 a week working around 30 hrs not sure how that is a job you never make any money from, maybe you just suck at a simple delivery job. Maybe delivering newspapers or running a lemonade stand is more your style.

#1519496

Just had my food jacked by either the driver or a neighbor.

This happened to me too.

@lula

It's all about the money!