Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

A friend of mine sent me a link by email that said I would receive 7$ off of any order of 10$ or more. I received this about three days ago.

Today, I click on the link. It takes me to a sign-up. I fill it out. Find a restaurant.

Place my order. Nothing out of the ordinary. I see where they’ve deducted the 7$ off of my 22$ order, and I lay the 15$ and some change (including the tip). I receive my food quick, and it’s delicious.

I then notice an email a couple hours later. It’s my receipt for the order. I look and see charged to MasterCard 22$ and some change, and I’m very confused because I know what the checkout screen said, and it wasn’t this. I then look forever for a customer service email or phone number.

Finally find a 605 number, and call. I talk to Edson, who seems very confused, but after 10 minutes of explanation, he says “I’m going to send you an email so you can send me a reply with the email.” Okay. Whatever. This is after telling me several times that he doesn’t see the credits on my account.

Okay. I get that, but why would I have followed this link and signed up for a food delivery service if I didn’t want to use the 7 free $$. They also deceivingly make think you’re going to get free delivery for any order over 15$, but that’s not exactly true either, but it is a whole other story...so, I send him the reply. I’m on hold forever while he reads it, and probably several others for how long I was on hold.

He then comes back and says, “I will put 7$ in credit in your account for your next order, okay?!?” And I just said whatever. Goodbye.

The short answer is, “no, you should’ve refunded the 7$ to my MasterCard.” This is verging on fraudulent, and definitely doesn’t make me want to use your service again. Next time I’m thinking it’ll be ubereats or postmates.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Deal.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

DoorDash Pros: Food, Food the restaurant and the driver.

DoorDash Cons: Unethical pricing.

• Website inaccuracy