I telephoned Doordash regarding a lunch order that arrived more than 90 minutes after the order had been placed. I explained I had telephoned our Dasher when I received a text our food was delivered -- yet had not arrived -- only to learn she had not even arrived to pick up our order from the restaurant yet.

She had also explained she had just received the notification so there must have been a technical glitch.

The customer service rep was very kind, conscientious and apologetic. He immediately telephoned the restaurant to request a full refund be issued back to my credit card due to the delay. I had no expectation to receive a full refund so was completely astounded to receive one.

It is incredible to see a company back their service in this manner. I will continue to support them with my delivery orders.

User's recommendation: Bring issues to the attention so positive change may be made when necessary.

Location: Berwyn, Illinois