3.6
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I ordered from a local well known eatery earlier tonight. I needed my El pollo Loco fix. Normally these deliveries go off without a problem and even if there is something wrong, its usual minor and fixable.

Tonight we ordered combo meals and ordered with the large drink option.

The food shows up which was great but no large drinks

The driver said to call "D-D" to let thrm know there was a foulup.

I call, rheir nice enough but cant figure out what to do. I really wanted the drinks but the next thing I know the guy says the reason ee didnt get them was because I didnt actually order them

Yah, noI dont tbink so as I had the receipt sitting in front of me and told him so!

He asked if I could "screen shot" him an email real quick which I did and he rhen proceeds to tell me that he can ride the entire receipt but "conveniently" cant seem to make our where ir says large drinks and says he'll just take my word for it.

I stayed pretty calm considering and replied "I dont want somebody to take my word for it or make it out to look like Im lying so I'll tell you what, I'll enlarge it and send ir to you again!"

Suddenly he responds, "Oh no thats ok I see it! Here it is yah, I see it"

He tells me rhat hes really sorry about the inconvenience and promises that hes going to send a driver down right then to go get me 2 large drinks.

About 2 minutes later on my phone - order abruptly canceled,

Alledgedly not by "DD" but rather by the restaurant itself.

They canceled an order of 2 sodas?

Uh huh - sure they did.

Just Door Dash laziness in not wsnting to correct their mistake.

They did offer a generous credit and admittedly I appreciate that.

The young guy on the phone tried to make things right so good on him.

Later tonight at 9:38pm, I get a snarky email from their customer support, (some snarky woman) saying that after examing the situation I would receive no further compensation for the issue.

Uh, honey I didnt ask you for any compensation in the first place. Order of events:

1 - place order

2 - Receive order with no drinks

3 - Have the phone guy tell me I didnt actually order any drinks.

4 - Email him a photo of the receipt showing I did so as to not be labeleda liar!

5 - Have them lie about sending me replacements which they didnt.

6 - Have some snotty female rep from their company eMail me telling me that tbeir not offeringany further conpensation, didnt ask for and didnt want! All I wanted was the two drinks!

THESE DELIVERY APPS ARE GREAT ARENT THEY?

Using the highly rated Uber Eats and GrubHub from now on!

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments