I placed a Door Dash order for my Grandma to be delivered on Christmas Day, and it was cancelled by Door Dash 30 minutes before it was to arrive. I was tracking the order on my computer, and it showed that the order was in progress.

30 minutes before the order was to arrive, I received a message on my computer screen saying "Hmmm!...the page you're looking for must be somewhere. Error code: 404." Then I received an email saying that my order had been cancelled. This is 30 minutes before my Grandma's Christmas Dinner was to arrive!! I immediately called customer service, and after being disconnected and calling back, I was informed that my order was cancelled because the restaurant was closed.

And you couldn't tell me this sooner, I asked? I explained that I had placed this order 2 days in advance on Door Dash. I even contacted the restaurant and confirmed that they would be open on Christmas. Sorry, the customer service representative said.

We'll open a report and investigate this.

That's all that I was told-meanwhile my 101 year-old Grandma was expecting her Christmas Dinner to arrive. This is not acceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No advance notice of order cancellation on christmas day.

Comments

Get over it

Nothing should be open on Christmas Day ; it's a National Holiday. I don't want to work then, you don't want to work then.

That would solve it all. Maybe some Hasidic business in New York but that's about it.

to Anonymous #1633988

Thank you well stated. Why some people have lost their mind.

No one cares loser...

to Anonymous #1633989

You're the only one that's a loser. They stated the truth. I love doordash