San Francisco, California
Turnaround Time

Here's an email exchange with the latest mishap...

Malia already emailed me so I'll share with you what I wrote to her (in all fairness). After the event though, it got me thinking. How do you make these things right? Can you share stats with me on how many times this particular restaurant messes up, how many times customers that order from doordash have late deliveries? I'd love to know these details and more importantly, the trend over time. If you can't share these details, then I think you should reconsider because you're not being transparent enough. Here is the message sent to Malia and the doordash website.

I ordered from Mehfil Indian Restaurant last night and half the items were missing! That's not a typo. HALF! You want some feedback? Here's some feedback. And you're strutting around saying you're going to give me 7 dollars and a couple of cents? Even tho my dinner, as currently stands, is inedible? Even though I have to go somewhere else to actually have dinner? Do you have a straight face when you say this? Listen, I'm not gonna rest until I can litigate on this - I don't know if it's litigable, but I sure as *** am gonna try. Not only do you hire vendors that mess up (repeatedly). You have the gall to offer me 7 dollars? Oh, but wait, there's more...IT NEVER EXPIRES. Wowwww, what was I thinking? Of course, that makes it all better. All is forgiven now that you've given me a piece of *** credit from a company that I will never order from adn that I will ensure that no one that I Know ever orders from! Thank you for that - maybe that's doordash's way of gifting me an early christmas!

Excuse my French, but are you *** kidding me? Who forgets to pick up two of the most important items in a two course indian meal? Let me translate this for those folk that don't have indian fare. What if you were to order spaghetti and I just showed up, whistling while I walked, and just dumped some marinara sauce and did a little jig and pranced away. WOULD THAT BE COOL? That is exactly the equivalent of what happened here.

Do you even vet drivers? Seriously, don't run a food delivery operation if you can't ensure that HALF THE MEAL, AKA 50 *** PERCENT, arrives on time. Just don't do it. You guys need a job? I got plenty of contacts. Send me your resume and I'm happy to be of assistance. But don't send run a half-*** quasi food "delivery" service, where you celebrate your latest partnerships by running around the office spilling cake on each other, that doesn't do what the most basic function of a food delivery service is. TO DELIVER THE *** FOOD.

And now, I'm starving and sick and I have to go elsewhere to find dinner. It's really my fault for ordering from this pathetic piece of *** company. But you know what? Never again. And I'm gonna make damned sure that everyone I know will never order from this company ever again. Looking at my order history, this is not nearly the first time this has happened. But, it is by far the most egregious.

Oh, and what exactly is the point of DoorDash support when, oh, let's see "6 visitor(s) waiting to be served" for at least 8 minutes?! Are your agents in the bathroom playing battleshits? Or maybe your hired vendors are so *** pathetic, that they're running around trying to pacify everyone while masking the shitshow of an operation they're running?

Another thing that I want to mention, if I may. When I finally reach customer support and they ask me what's wrong and then prompt no response for 5 minutes, that's not cool. Not cool at all. You know what's worse? Offering my just credits for the missing items!!! Do you understand how the culinary industry even works??? The sum is greater than the parts...I can't eat just part of my meal. Thats like my giving you a egg noodle soup and removing the egg and the soup and sayin "oh, my bad bro. here's credit for the egg and the soup. have a nice day."

Seriously, eff everything about this company. I don't know if this is actually litigable, but I am going to search every nook and cranny there is, every little law and by-law that I can find, every little article 4 paragraph 7, section 3, clause 4, by clause 9 known to man, so I can sue the bejeezus off of you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

DoorDash Cons: Missing meals, No way to quickly contact then.

Comments

First off lets get the facts straight. The drivers are not allowed to check the containers, they are only allowed to deliver what is given to then and thats it.

Second DoorDash is a middle man, with an app service and a call center. They don't prepare the food, they just provide a service, to deliver the food. They are based in California with a call center that calls in your orders. As a matter of fact most orders are screwed up though the call center first and then at the restaurant second.

The driver has nothing to do with that at all.

Most restaurants don't have a clue DoorDash even placed an order because DoorDash uses some very unethical practices, one of them being: listing restaurants which they have no working relationship with or agreement at all in their app. Two calling in under your name or an assumed name. They don't even want most drivers to say they are from DoorDash if the order is from a non partner restaurant and that just the beginning of the shadiness. Such as price hikes, very little screening most drivers, stealing wages, penalizing drivers for app based malfunctions, ect, ect, ect.

The list is very long.

I wont even get into how horrible the Dasher app is for the drivers. The many issues of missing pay when you only get 5 dollars a delivery and make less that min wage ( for the record we don't get 100% of the tips if you only get one or two order per hour: $5 + 10% tip of a $10 order = $6 per hour less than min wage). The false advertisement of tips when you only get a 1 dollar tip after being told to go 20 miles out the way to pick up a 10 dollar order will take an hour. Even if you are lucky to be in a Zone or market (which aren't many) where you get a base min of $10 + tips it still doesn't happen because they include the tip as part of the base to make it $10 ($5 +$1 tip= $6+$4 extra pay = $10 notice the tip is no longer a tip its calculated as part of the base it should be $11).

So in actuality they stole the tip from you. Plus the fact that the order was never placed or ready when you get there, but yet a driver is supposed to get it to the customer within an hour and its 20 miles back in the other direction across the city, which isn't even in your designated Dash Zone.

So if you think you have problems with customer support, get in line.... There are literally hundreds to now thousands of drivers still waiting to hear from support about missing pay, missing hours, and horrible support service and most of all a driver Dasher app so unusable, that a five year old could design one better than (maxdc.co.).

Which by the way the app doesn't even include any of the features it claims to help driver. It all more false claims by DoorDash.

There is now a large group of drivers coming out to expose DoorDash for the crooks they really are and banning together for a class action suite.

So consider yourself lucky you are only missing two items and got a coupon.

It's a whole lot better than missing two week worth of wages, from a DoorDash Just google DoorDash Driver Complaints. Employee Complaints or In and Out Burger Sues DoorDash, just for a start.

Your dinner was inedible because half of it was missing? Is that the most serious problem you have in your life to want to sue over that?

@Anonymous

Like the driver knew what's "missing inside the food container"! Dooh.....why didn't you sue the restaurant for not preparing the right order