Additional Fees

Door Dash made changes to their app due to ethical issues with the pricing.they were jacking up the prices of each item you selected.

now they are separating these out into Taxes/Fees and this is onto of a delivery charge and tip. My order came to ~18.00 and after taxes/fees and a separate line item for delivery it was ~37.00....almost twice the food charge. This DOES NOT INCLUDE TIP. I decided to take screen shots in their app:"Many of our stores do not have a service fee, but this one does.

We are working with them to drop it.". THIS IS NOT TRUE! Company response: "the service fee help to pay Dashers, operate DoorDash and provide you with the best service possible" (Samuel, 7/22). Many restaurants are unaware of this additional 18-48%.

total tip, taxes,fees and delivery can total more than the food itself. I took many screenshots and have to say I am appalled. Go through Amazon (rest.

delivery) or another service.Vote with your feet!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with restaurant selection and stated that there is a room for improvement of unethical pricing. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of doordash delivery service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $10. Doordash needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned doordash delivery service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Doordash. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Grubhub.

Had an Experience with Doordash?

Comments

It's their fees- please read the fine print- before making any purchases or sign ups. Apart of their fees and convenient tax. Honestly, go with TaskRabbit or Fvver!

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1190114

Why not stop getting delivery if you don't want to pay the additional costs.