Kirkland, Washington

Door Dash made changes to their app due to ethical issues with the pricing.they were jacking up the prices of each item you selected.

Related: Doordash - Delivery Service Review

now they are separating these out into Taxes/Fees and this is onto of a delivery charge and tip. My order came to ~18.00 and after taxes/fees and a separate line item for delivery it was ~37.00....almost twice the food charge. This DOES NOT INCLUDE TIP. I decided to take screen shots in their app:"Many of our stores do not have a service fee, but this one does.

We are working with them to drop it.". THIS IS NOT TRUE! Company response: "the service fee help to pay Dashers, operate DoorDash and provide you with the best service possible" (Samuel, 7/22). Many restaurants are unaware of this additional 18-48%.

total tip, taxes,fees and delivery can total more than the food itself. I took many screenshots and have to say I am appalled. Go through Amazon (rest.

delivery) or another service.Vote with your feet!

I liked: Restaurant selection.

I didn't like: Unethical pricing.

Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Doordash Delivery Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / $10
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Doordash?

Comments

CT

It's their fees- please read the fine print- before making any purchases or sign ups. Apart of their fees and convenient tax. Honestly, go with TaskRabbit or Fvver!

Ashburn, Virginia, United States #1190114

Why not stop getting delivery if you don't want to pay the additional costs.