Doordash - NOT ETHICAL and Fees, Deliver, and Tip can total =/> cost of food.
Door Dash made changes to their app due to ethical issues with the pricing.they were jacking up the prices of each item you selected.
now they are separating these out into Taxes/Fees and this is onto of a delivery charge and tip. My order came to ~18.00 and after taxes/fees and a separate line item for delivery it was ~37.00....almost twice the food charge. This DOES NOT INCLUDE TIP. I decided to take screen shots in their app:"Many of our stores do not have a service fee, but this one does.
We are working with them to drop it.". THIS IS NOT TRUE! Company response: "the service fee help to pay Dashers, operate DoorDash and provide you with the best service possible" (Samuel, 7/22). Many restaurants are unaware of this additional 18-48%.
total tip, taxes,fees and delivery can total more than the food itself. I took many screenshots and have to say I am appalled. Go through Amazon (rest.
delivery) or another service.Vote with your feet!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Restaurant selection
What I disliked
- Unethical pricing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN ENTIRELY! I WAS TALKED INTO TRYING THERE PRODUCT FROM A FRIEND OF MINE WHO JUST STARTED WORKING THERE AND OBVIOUSLY HAD NO CLUE WHAT..."
- "I found a fake blue finger nail on top of my pizza from Pizza Hut on Friday evening. I took several pictures as evidence and have filed a complaint..."
- "Waited over two hours for delivery. The delivery guy argues that I didn't pay by card. I owed cash. Trying to run game. My food was cold and soggy. Even..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I got a mango pineapple smoothie this morning and sucked up a huge piece of broken plastic through the straw. I am utterly disgusted and hopefully I didn't swallow any..."
- "Scam! Phone number 530-588-1779 and they are in NV even though is a CA number. She will tell you she will help you reunite with you love one and help..."
- "If you're considering shopping on Modlily, DON'T! I've never been so frustrated and unimpressed with an online clothing site. The skirt I ordered was pictured online as a thick cotton..."