Door Dash made changes to their app due to ethical issues with the pricing.they were jacking up the prices of each item you selected.
now they are separating these out into Taxes/Fees and this is onto of a delivery charge and tip. My order came to ~18.00 and after taxes/fees and a separate line item for delivery it was ~37.00....almost twice the food charge. This DOES NOT INCLUDE TIP. I decided to take screen shots in their app:"Many of our stores do not have a service fee, but this one does.
We are working with them to drop it.". THIS IS NOT TRUE! Company response: "the service fee help to pay Dashers, operate DoorDash and provide you with the best service possible" (Samuel, 7/22). Many restaurants are unaware of this additional 18-48%.
total tip, taxes,fees and delivery can total more than the food itself. I took many screenshots and have to say I am appalled. Go through Amazon (rest.
delivery) or another service.Vote with your feet!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Restaurant selection
What I disliked
- Unethical pricing
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Terrible! Shari's Berries used to be a great product; fancy, huge strawberries, nicely coated, and great presentation. Not anymore. I can only discribe them as Made in China Dollar Store quality...."
- "Delightful Delivery?! More like Deceptive Delivery! These guys jack up the prices on their menu items, while making it appear like they are the restaurants' actual prices. There are no disclaimers..."
- "Skinny Dip Noodles show misleading images about their noodles. All the recipes show regular pasta and not their skinny dip pasta. Just look at what their pasta looks like and..."
- "I got a mango pineapple smoothie this morning and sucked up a huge piece of broken plastic through the straw. I am utterly disgusted and hopefully I didn't swallow any..."
- "If you're considering shopping on Modlily, DON'T! I've never been so frustrated and unimpressed with an online clothing site. The skirt I ordered was pictured online as a thick cotton..."
- "Scam! Phone number 530-588-1779 and they are in NV even though is a CA number. She will tell you she will help you reunite with you love one and help..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."