Very unhappy with Doordash, this was my first experience and almost certainly my last. I placed an order from El Toro Negro (a local Mexican restaurant), the webpage for the restaurant was poorly designed so that there was no way to specify major ingredients for some items (for example, one could order "Beef or chicken fajitas" but there was no way to choose which).

It took quite a while to figure out a way to add a comment clarifying our order (there were three items that needed such clarification). Ultimately I received a phone call from someone in customer service who didn't speak English well and was clearly off-shore, didn't understand what my problem was and kept offering to cancel my order. I finally got her to understand that I didn't want the order cancelled, that I wanted to clarify my order with the restaurant, and she offered to have someone call me after the restaurant opens. Nobody called, so I called back and talked to someone different, their English was slightly better and they seemed to understand my concerns.

I finally got her to agree to contact the restaurant and to clarify my order and then get back to me.

Around 2:30pm I received a text message saying that my order was cancelled because the restaurant was too busy to fill it (at 2:30pm on a Wednesday afternoon???). I'm very unimpressed with this level of organization and service, there are much better food delivery options in my area.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Customer Care.

Comments