Verified Reviewer

This is a message that I sent Door Dash about a delivery I did not order that came in the middle of the night. Door Dash will more than likely not take any steps to correct this issue or others like it - even if they are placing their employees directly in harm's way.

I'd like to add that all pizza delivery people wear uniforms.

They are identifiable. Most of them even have light up signage on their vehicles. These two Door Dash employees had none of the above and arrived w/out warning in the middle of the night at my home.

Here's the message:

At 10:45PM at night , I am dozing off in my living room with a 70 pound pit bull in my lap. He's a cute little guy but he is incredibly strong and menacing to what he perceives a a potential threat.

So, I am about asleep, right?

The next thing I know I have a strange woman creeping up on my front porch with a back pack in her hands.

She is not in any kind uniform.

There is a car running with a second person inside of it. She is rifling inside the backpack as she climbs the steps of my home. I catch her there with her hand in the back pack.

My pit bull he goes totally nanners. Like, apestuff.

He shoots up, along with me, to find out what on Earth is happening in the middle of the night. The strange woman, probably out of shock and fright, is completely unable to respond to me in an intelligent way.

"Food?" she says as she pulls a rumpled greasy bag from the back pack - not a knife or firearm. Which seemed like a strong possibility to me at 10:45PM in REDACTED LOCATION.

After some choice words, I sent her on her merry way to put other people on edge of a burglary and/or home invasion attempt which she is probably doing as I compose this message.

After this incident, I called the nearest Arby's. After a few attempts I managed to talk to an employee who let me know that there was a Door Dash delivery sent out in sort of my general direction.

The real destination was actually in the next town over from my location - REDACTED LOCATION.

If you also are geographically challenged that is more than a few miles away from my own location.

Confirming that this woman was indeed from a legitimate business was much to my relief. That let me know that this was not a burglary and/or home invasion attempt but actually a bungled attempt at food delivery.

Phew! Right? Let the relief flood through me, Sweet Jesus.

I said "Amen!".

My point is this: by employing people who are unable to read, follow directions, wear identifying uniforms, speak intelligently and/or coherently and not even know what town they are currently in - that Door Dash will eventually be the root cause of dog maulings, shootings and even fatal incidents due to sending strangers to unsuspecting homes in the middle of the night.

I want to thank you very much for your time and this invaluable service that you provide during this extraordinary crisis.

All my best.

This was not part of the message: there have been other strangers on my porch with entirely bogus reasons for being there. This lady could easily have been mauled or shot and no one could feel anything but very sad and angry about it.

User's recommendation: Have drivers call you when they are in the driveway. Just in case they are at the wrong house.

Preferred solution: Have driver's call customer before they approach a home in the middle of the night. This will stop any confusion or perceived threat. Also, use uniforms and light up signage. Some kind of indentifying markings will stop this from happening..

DOORDASH Cons: Delivery drivers not in uniform at wrong home, Delivery drivers unaware of which town they are in, Unable to explain their visit in the middle of the night, Wrong home middle of night, No uniforms.

Location: 2820 Broadway St, Anderson, IN 46012