Featured Resolved
2.4
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jan 30

I am waiting on my refund.

Original review posted by user Jan 30

I had ordered a pizza from Depalma restaurant located in Atlanta.The gluten free pizza I ordered said it cost $2.95.

With taxes, service fee and tip it came to be a little over $6.00. Once I placed my order I received an email from DoorDash stating due to my special request on my item they are charging an extra $9.54. The special request that I had made was I wanted a pepperoni pizza and that I have a gluten allergy. I have never been charged extra for having a gluten allergy when what I was purchasing was already advertised as gluten free.

I was upset that they charged my card without my consent. I decided to go back and look at my receipt through the door dash app and it said my total for my pizza was $17.99. At this point I’m thinking not only did they charge me card almost an extra $10.00 but that they charged me almost $18.00 for a pizza that I thought was $2.95. I emailed the company and had someone respond in a timely matter.

At first they were explaining why they charged me so much but I informed them that the app has a different price and I will not be held financially responsible for such an expensive pizza. This pizza was small enough to fill up a 5 year old belly. All in all they offered me a “partial” refund where I said that is still not fair to charge me half when these were not my errors. I spoke to customer service today and he said I received a full refund and I should see the statement in my bank account in a few days.

I will say the conversation went smooth but I can tell they get a lot of complaints because the man I spoke with seemed defensive and consistently talked over me. I stayed calm and polite for I work in customer service and I know how it is when people mistreat you for matters out of your control.

I will wait for my refund and I am never ordering from DoorDash again.Too many mistakes from the app all the way to the drivers and overall customer service.

Review about: Depalmas Porch Pizza.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments