This person donated to support our platform. Learn more

Supporter
Verified Reviewer

Hello---

I placed a food order thru Doordash for a family get together last Friday, 05/14/21. I made sure that I placed the order early in the day for a delivery between 6:30-7:00 pm.

I made sure that I track the order and the app stated that it was "In progress" and should arrive @6:45 pm. Just a little past 7:00 pm, I checked again and the app still stated that it was "In progress." So, I decided to call the 855 number and to my dismay found out ONLY at that time that the order was not processed at all because the restaurant was "temporarily closed." At this time, family members had started trickling in and I had no food to serve and was scrambling to look for another restaurant where I can order food --- so you can probably imagine how frazzled I was. While Doordash might not be responsible for the restaurant being "closed," it was (at the very least) responsible for letting your customers know that it will be unable to fulfill the service (i.e., "delivery") due to no fault of theirs. In my case, I did not get a courtesy notification at all and secondly, the application mislead me in believing that the delivery service was "in progress" when in fact it will not happen at all.

To top this whole mess of not having any food to serve in time for the get together (and had to wait for another hour to have something to eat), your customer service offered a $20 credit! This is laughably insulting! After this experience, does your customer service really think I can still trust the service you provide so I can "use" the $20 credit?

I am not even sure if I need to explain to any reasonable business that provide customer service that the $20 credit will NEVER be enough to fix the supposedly relaxing and enjoyable family get together we planned and had not had for a very long time due to this pandemic. Thank you for your time and I hope no other family gathering will get ruined by a poor customer services (and application) that your business have.

User's recommendation: Be vigilant with your order. Don't trust the app.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments