New York, New York

I ordered from DoorDash from a restaurant that was closing in about an hour. They said my food would be delivered 20 minutes after the restaurant closed. 45 minutes after the restaurant closed, I still hadn't received my food, so I called customer service. After waiting for another 15 minutes, I was told that the driver never went to pick it up. I was willing to let it go - after all I ordered relatively close to closing time (although that isn't much of an excuse). However, what I don't understand is how I wasn't notified the second the restaurant had closed that my food hadn't been picked up. At that point the driver knew that I wouldn't be getting my food. That's terrible customer service.

DoorDash offered me a refund or DoorDash credit. I asked for a refund. I then asked if there was anything else they could do because I never received my dinner because of their screwup, and they said no. That's unacceptable - give me any reason to use your service again. They just said "we screwed up, sorry." and hung up the phone.

That's not good enough for me, so I followed up with an email. They said they'd respond within 24 hours. It's now been 72, and still no response. I'll never use DoorDash again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments