Verified Reviewer

Tried to order from DoorDash for the first time last week. Filled out menu items and credit card info.

Then the site asked for a SECOND credit card as a back up. Filled the info out (hesitantly) but would not take info for one field which the field had no relevance to what they requested (did not complete second cc thank you). Have NEVER been asked for that when ordering anything online. "Chatted" with someone who was somewhere in the world and did not understand English well at all.

Told they were "protecting" me???? in case the first card was rejected. DoorDash doesn't have a point of sale system to tell them if someone has a *** card before submitting the order? Amazing!!!

Think they were scamming me for a cc to sell. Canceled order. Posted experience on nextdoor (SanDiego area) and responses were no, one credit card. Was suggested that I freeze both cc but check online every day.

So DoorDash has a side business of selling credit cards I guess. Very strange.

User's recommendation: DoorDash is popular. Would check cc statements online to make sure they are not double dipping.

DOORDASH Cons: Lot.