112 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Apr 08, 2020

It has been over 24 hours since I first made contact & have not gotten a single response back. I guess they don't care that their drivers are using scare tactics on customers & telling us that doordash is exposing us to covid to further their profit during a global crisis. Talk about biting the hand that feeds!

Original review posted by user Apr 07, 2020

Below is what I submitted to their live chat feature, now I need to complain about the online helper who didn't ask anything other than where I wanted my chips credited to?! And the original delivery driver's text had me in literal tears.

"As a mother to a child who has had TWO heart transplants, and therefore high risk to catch infections, I have been anxiety ridden all day due to message the dasher sent me. After leaving order at my door, the driver sent me a text admonishing the "leave at door" method &;;;;;amp;amp;amp;amp; stated, as an "FYI," that the only effective way to stay healthy was to not have food delivered at all. She specifically mentioned the possibility of contamination due to the workers coughing or sneezing, unseen by the customer. And that it was a way for the big business delivery companies to exploit the customers for profit during a global crisis.

I am appalled at the lack of professionalism of sending a message like this, not knowing the life your customer lives behind that door. I have been spraying lysol & deep cleaning my house all day, in a panic, thinking one of the cooks could have possibly been exposed at one point or was tested & still awaiting results that could be positive. I am probably the worst person she could have sent this to. Due to my daughter's transplants, she is on immunosuppressants which make her very high risk to catch even the common cold.

She also has lung damage due to post transplant infection caused by a virus that normal children build an immunity to by the time they're 4 years old. Unfortunately, she had her first heart transplant at 2 years old, so she caught it & I've never seen a child so sick ever. After two heart transplants, an airborne sickness was the first thing to make me doubt whether she would survive this time. Thankfully that was 5 years ago & shes a glowing *** now, but you can imagine how I've developed germophobic tendencies.

I feel like a wretched mother for not only welcoming the risk to my household, but I even PAID to do it! And she forgot my chips, which didn't matter because after receiving her text, I'd lost my appetite completely and my meal was wasted.

I have screenshots of the message, plus the original text. "

User's recommendation: E.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Vehicle Driver.

Comments