2.5

Update by user Aug 24, 2016

UPDATE: My order has been canceled, but no one has spoken to me from the company at all. No one has called me back after leaving my number with the person who answered the number I spent almost 30 minutes tracking down.

I only know it's been canceled because of my account on the site itself; it has been updated. But someone really should have spoken to me directly and that doesn't excuse the website OR the lack of transparency (making it so hard for you to contact them).

Original review posted by user Aug 24, 2016

When I first discovered this company, I thought it was genius, and was very grateful...They still get 2 stars because a) genius concept and b) I have used them 3 times before and nothing went wrong on any of those occasions.

That said, something DID go wrong for me today, and that's how I became aware of how absurdly difficult they make it for you to contact them. Yes, you can write them an email; but if your question is urgent, who knows when they'll see it? As per a phone number, they list NONE on their site, and when realizing that my hitting CANCEL on an order somehow failed to actually cancel it (so minus some points there for a dysfunctional website, which is inexcusable when your entire business model relies on a website!) I called the restaurant and was informed they I had to reach out to Door Dash directly to prevent double-billing. The restaurant has no direct control over payment.

So I went on a long search for a number and finally found this one: (305) 477-1164. When I called, I was at first treated to a dismissive-sounding voice message which only at the very end clarified that if this was an "emergency," I could press 9 for immediate assistance. When I did, my call was answered by someone who apparently has no ability to make changes or do anything on her own, but could only take down my information in order to have someone else call me back...

This paltry excuse for customer service is why I'm giving the company such a low rating. To sum up:

A) "Cancel" option on my order did not actually cancel it.

B) There's no way to chat with anyone via the site, as Eat24 and other, similar services allow you to do.

C) No phone number listed on their website.

D) Voicemail upon calling gives the immediate impression that you can't talk to anyone and you have to stick around and listen to the whole thing in order to learn that you can.

E) The person who will answer your call can't directly help you.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "processing issue (failure to cancel) and poor service (see review for details)." of doordash customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $60. DoorDash needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned doordash customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at DoorDash. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Grubhub.

Comments