1.7
Additional Fees

I have been a Door Dash customer for some months and never did I expect to be so humiliated or disappointed. This afternoon I placed an order for Chinese food from The Panda; a restaurant we often patronize even before we knew of DoorDash. The order was for delivery at about 6:30 as our guests were to arrive about 6:15. We had whet our guests appetite with stories of how good The Panda’s food is. At about 5:45 I had occasion to check my email and lo and behold there was an email advising that the order was canceled NO EXPLANATION. I was upset as the guests would be arriving shortly. I responded to the email, as soon as I saw it asking for an explanation and requesting the reinstatement of the order. Needless to say, no response. I called DoorDash's customer service and a rep by the name of Dave was most solicitous. I implored him to reinstate the order. He promised to look into it and get back to me. He got back to me as the guests were pulling into my driveway explaining that for some reason The Panda was not taking orders. While he offered a $5 consolation prize for my inconvenience, he did not even attempt to explain why there was no call advising the order was canceled.

Our guests were looking forward to Chinese food so I went back to DoorDash's website and placed an order with the Long River Chinese Restaurant. The order was confirmed with a delivery time of 7:16. At 7:20 I called the restaurant directly and was told that they did not have the order. I called DoorDash's customer service back again and got a seemingly pleasant chap who I had great trouble understanding. Unfortunately, it seems he had just as much trouble understanding me.

It took a while for him to believe that I did not want any excuses; I just wanted to cancel the order and I expected a substantial credit against a future order. We took out food to BBQ. Our guests, famished and embarrassed for us, wouldn’t hear of it and insisted on running out and picking up some Wendy’s for dinner. Not the way we entertain.

I am apoplectic! Why no call from DoorDash when the order for the Panda had to be canceled? Why no explanation in the email as to why it was canceled? While DoorDash's representative David could not offer any meaningful help, and offered a pittance for our inconvenience and resulting delay and embarrassment, at least he made a sincere effort to assist. Unfortunately, as I stated DoorDash's rep on the Long River episode of the debacle was unable to offer any meaningful assistance and to add insult to injury, he didn’t even make any effort to apologize. I suspect that at least in part it was his inability to comprehend that I wanted the order canceled.

Obviously, he did not understand me or he just chose to ignore me as 15 or 20 minutes later he called to advise that Long River had the order, they were putting it together and would deliver it by . . . .

What a debacle,

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Screwed up 2 orders on the same day with no explanation, Doordash never called back when we complained.

Comments