13.4K views
1.3
Turnaround Time

I am appalled at what I've gathered is their "official" way of righting a wrong...

1. Late?: If you're delivery is over an hour they late they only offer you a delivery fee in credits, this ranges from 1-7 in credits and NOT a refund.

2. Missing an item?: If you're delivery is missing an item they give you the cost of the item in credits, NOT a refund.

3. Get delivered the wrong item?: If they deliver you a salad when you wanted a cheeseburger they give you a deliver fee in credits ranging from 1-7, NOT a refund.

4. Restaurant closed?: They just cancel the order, put the amount in credits and you won't know until you're stomach is howling.

They really push to give you the least amount of credits possible and, in my opinion, if you don't get what you ordered then it's only right to get your money back.

If there's ever a class action against them for this "legal" loophole of stealing money then count me in!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Terrible company policies.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Delivery guy.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Missing meals.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 05, 2016.

Comments

#1602003

My food last night was half eaten, they didn’t even give me as much credit as the food cost

same

Sam_Vegas_702

I agree 100%. I’ve tried arguing to have the money placed back onto my credit card but they just continue to refuse.

I had to file a dispute with my cc company and told them to take their credits back.

Why would I use your horrible services again?! Plenty of competition I’m willing to spend my money.

HelpCenter_PissedConsumer

In case you'd like to get reimbursed by DoorDash, read what can be done in a situation like this here: https://doordash.pissedconsumer.com/questions-answers.html#question-12010

Ordered food at 8:40. Next thing I know it’s 9:40, still no movement I’m thinking they’re on the way; nope.

Order cancelled at 9:44 with no warning.

The only reason I knew is because I checked wondering what was taking SO long, now everything is basically closed in my area and I’m starving; haven’t eaten a full meal all day and now I have to figure out another way. They better return my money!

I was supposed to get paid Monday night but still waiting for my weekly pay this is bull crap I'm pissed off door dash really messed up my birthday . I still havent heard from a live human being yet regarding my issue.

I agree with this 1000%%% Thank you for posting. Joey A San Francisco & Las Vegas

I too had an issue with them. They charged my credit card for a dinner at Red Lobster ($45.05) using the Google Pay functionality (I had not tied my credit card to the app directly).

The charge was successful, but the app stated it failed. Upon calling customer dis-service, "Oliver" stated the only resolution was to 1) have him escalate it and they would "try" to refund my money (yes, he said "try) 2) tie my credit card directly to the order and then re-place it, essentially being charged twice for 1 order.

2 days later, the charge was not refunded, and I have spoken to the FTC, Google Play support. some of their major clients (Wendys, Red Lobster, Chipotle) corporate offices, and will be contacting the FBI for the bank/credit card fraud/white collar aspects to this.

This post lets me know that I am not alone in the poor customer service I have received at DoorDash

Whenever I order they are always quicker than what they say it will be besides one time where I ordered at like 10:20 and I guess they close at 10:30 or something so they had nobody to deliver my food but they gave $21 back in credit when my order was only $12+$3 tip so $15 order and they gave me $6 extra and they delivered the food still the next afternoon for free so Idk what problems you are having but they gave me free food and $21 back

to Anonymous #1540452

of course you are anonymous - FAKE POST!!!

to Anonymous #1575513

This is not real, they would not do that.

I order from DoorDash a lot, from only one restaurant because they aren't partnered with GrubHub. Always very pricey, but the food is good.

Today, they were an hour late. Was promised delivery half an hour after I ordered, and whatever they promise is always incorrect. Ten or fifteen minutes late is fine, but over an hour?

Ridiculous. Would rather go out to eat than order from DoorDash again.

to Anonymous #1540446

SynonymousGoldfish804

I called the restaurant that had left items out of my order. The manager called doordash and refunded doordash the entire order.

Doordash called me and offered me a credit for the item that was missing. I had paid for the food. They didn’t pay for anything. And the manager only gave them the credit because it was the only way for her to do it since it was delivered via doordash.

They are fraudulent. That’s legally called double dipping.

DarkAnatolianShepherdDog

I have been charged in never used any type of service with you guys

I guess I’m just another to bite the dust with extremely poor delivery service. Never using them again.

Save fifteen measly bucks or save a customer for life possibly? DoorDash wouldn’t even be able to answer the question in time anyways.

I too have had a TERRIBLE experience with Door Dash. And was given Credits, but now I am not able to access them. I really just wanted a refund.

to Lauren Davis #1540454

to Lauren Davis #1540456

Get it from your credit card. I had over $50 in fraud charges from DD on my card. I got a refund via my Credit Card company - *** YOU DOOR DASH!!