1.3K views
Verified Reviewer

1.8

I did a DoorDash order last week and really liked the food, so tried again a few nights ago. The restaurant didn't come up any more, so I looked at my past order. It was tagged "too far."

What the *** I ordered by phone and drive to pick it up - 1.6 miles, took exactly 5 minutes. How is this too far? Who makes that determination? Why are restaurants farther away (some by double) still available to me for delivery, but not the one tagged "too far?"

I tip the Dashers between $10 and $20 - ALWAYS. Some of that is via the app, but most of it is cash directly. At that rate, this one restaurant tagged "too far" the Dasher would earn $120 an hour. 5 minutes for them to get to the restaurant, 5 minutes to deliver to me, 5 minutes to get back home or wherever they hang out. 15 minutes total for $20 - more than I make per hour!! But worth it to me for the luxury of not cooking or cleaning.

So, what's up? You do know that any restaurant tagged "too far" doesn't even show for pickup. You're taking business away from them and the Dasher.

User's recommendation: DD not overly convenient - not sure it's worth it at all...

Preferred solution: Ukiah is a total of 4 miles long, by 3 miles wide - NO restaurant should be "too far.".

DOORDASH Pros: When it works, Some delivery fast or reasonable, Could help during pandemic if it worked consistently.

DOORDASH Cons: Super long delivery time, Not enough choices, Should be direct contact with dasher.

Comments