71 views

Last month an unauthorized charge for $9.99 from Doordash appeared on my credit card. I never signed up for this service.

I did sign up for Walmart Plus, and I suspect that Walmart uses Doordash for their grocery delivery service. Somehow, I believe, Walmart gave my credit card number to Doordash. I had to call my credit card company to dispute the fraudulent charge. The credit card company removed the charge, canceled my credit card number and sent me a new credit card with a new number.

Imagine my shock and horror when a new $9.99 charge from Doordash showed up on my new credit card this month!

This is outright fraud just like the fraudulent charges that "ringtone" vendors would charge to people's phone bills without authorization until the practice was outlawed a few years ago. I can't keep canceling my credit card every month, and I don't want to cancel my Walmart Plus subscription, but I am afraid it's the only way to stop the fraud.

User's recommendation: Check your credit card statement every month for fraudlent charges from Doordash.

DOORDASH Cons: Fraudulent charges for a service i never signed up for.

Comments