2.8

Update by user Jul 23

Waiting for DoorDash to review the situation and let me know the situation with tax and fee charged plus tip. Tip was about 30%.

If a person who deals with them wants to pay 30% I have no problem with it. I am only concerned with the $6.00 or so in addition which was called fee/tax.

Original review posted by user Jul 23

My wife placed the order and delivery request. She showed me the bill.

It appears DoorDash added about $10 to a $23.00 bill, about 46% higher than the restaurant bill! Some they called a tip and some they called a fee/tax.There is no California sales tax on takeout food. Even if there was, the restaurant bill was only about $23.00, sales tax would be less than $2.30. But there is no such tax.

This sounds like an unfair business practice, calling about $6.45 part of a tax, making it look like it was mandatory. Shocked

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: stop practice of increasing the restaurant bill and calling it in part, a tax . Maybe it is taxable but not $6.00 worth. Would appreciate an explanation and I would be willing to revise my comments if wrong.change or w.

DoorDash Pros: Fast service.

• Billed Amount