Canyon Country, California
2.8

Update by user Jul 23, 2019

Waiting for DoorDash to review the situation and let me know the situation with tax and fee charged plus tip. Tip was about 30%.

If a person who deals with them wants to pay 30% I have no problem with it. I am only concerned with the $6.00 or so in addition which was called fee/tax.

Original review posted by user Jul 23, 2019

My wife placed the order and delivery request. She showed me the bill.

It appears DoorDash added about $10 to a $23.00 bill, about 46% higher than the restaurant bill! Some they called a tip and some they called a fee/tax.There is no California sales tax on takeout food. Even if there was, the restaurant bill was only about $23.00, sales tax would be less than $2.30. But there is no such tax.

This sounds like an unfair business practice, calling about $6.45 part of a tax, making it look like it was mandatory. Shocked

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: stop practice of increasing the restaurant bill and calling it in part, a tax . Maybe it is taxable but not $6.00 worth. Would appreciate an explanation and I would be willing to revise my comments if wrong.change or w.

DOORDASH Pros: Fast service.

• Billed Amount