I am Latino with a very Latino name. When he delivered my order, the Dasher felt the need to comment on my appearance because I do not fit the stereotyped profile of a Latino in the Los Angeles area (i.e.

I am not brown-skinned). "Are you Spanish?" "No." "Because you don't look South American. You look very European." I get it, I look like a white guy. Why does that matter?

It's rude. It's unprofessional. Drivers should deliver my meal without racist commentary. Now I am on hold with Doordash customer service, waiting for someone to take my call so I can express my frustration and anger.

I also hate that Doordash has you leave a tip BEFORE placing an order instead of after it has been delivered.

You tip after a meal, you tip after a cab of Lyft driver has taken you to your destination, you tip after the valet has brought you your car, you tip after your haircut... Doordash tips should be after the service has been provided.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Vehicle Driver.

Comments