Verified Reviewer

2.8

Tonight, some time before 9pm, I placed an order with a local Mexican restaurant. After placing my order, I realized I had forgotten to order the cheese dip.

So I turned around and placed a second order for the cheese dip. About an hour later the cheese dip arrived but no dinner. On my end, the app said they were trying to locate a driver. I contacted support through chat to ask why the orders were not brought together and how did the second one get here before the first.

She told me there was someone at the restaurant right then, waiting on my order. I told her the app told me they were looking for a driver, and she wrote, rest assured she guaranteed that there was a driver at the restaurant waiting on my order. Well guess what? Another hour later, the restaurant has now canceled my order.

It's now after 10pm and we have no dinner, but hey, we have some dip and nothing to go with it. I understand things happen, but what I'm upset about is being lied to. Chat support told me a direct, bold faced lie.

That was very dishonorable and had they told me the truth maybe I would have been prepared to not have dinner, or I could have gone and picked it up before the restaurant closed had I known there wasn't a driver. I am very disappointed in my experience with Door Dash tonight.

Signed,

Hungry in Alabama

User's recommendation: Don’t believe everything they say. Wish I had called the restaurant before they closed to verify there was a driver waiting.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

DOORDASH Pros: Never leave home, I can recieve food without leaving my home.

DOORDASH Cons: Driver didnt show up, Misleading.

Comments