I called customer service and the first guy was SO helpful. The driver went off line so I was given $10 credit and his phone number to call but I tried 5 times and it just went right to voicemail so I called Customer service again.

Literally the girl was talking in circles about how there were multiple people assigned and how the person just got there to pick up the food. But I pointed out that was not what the first person said to me. He said the food was marked as picked up 35 minutes before I called and the driver went offline. So he called and the poor guys app crashed and he was lost.

The second customer service person just kept ignoring what I was saying and kept repeating that the food was just picked up and it was a different driver (it was not on either count). Finally I told her I wanted a refund because she was talking in circles the food was now almost an hour late and was going to be cold. To which she started talking about using the website for when the food gets here cold. Literally useless.

So I cancel the order and other than the complete crap of having to wait 5-7 days for the refund, the poor driver just showed up. The poor thing was so apologetic and worried I literally feel terrible and told him that I canceled with doordash and I'm not sure why they didn't contact him.

The guy was so sweet and didn't know what to do honestly his app crashing and getting lost isn't his fault. But the crap customer service is 100% doordash's issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments