Sugar Hill, Georgia

On 12/17/18, I placed an order through DoorDash from Shane’s Rib Shack. I placed the order around 7:40-7:45 PM and noticed the order was accepted around 8 PM by dasher1. Fifteen minutes later, I received a call from the dasher saying she was over 45 minutes away from the restaurant and would not be able to deliver the food for another hour. She then told us to cancel the order since she wouldn’t be able to deliver it.

I then spent 10-15 minutes on the chat waiting on a representative only to be booted out when I was #1 in line. I finally ended up calling customer service after finding the customer service phone number on a different website since I spent an obscene amount of time trying to find the number on the DoorDash website.

The customer service representative was no where near helpful. She said she would contact dasher1 and see if she could still deliver. After I continuously exclaimed to the customer service representative that she was over an hour away and we were already waiting for our order for a very long time (when it should have been delivered already). The customer rep continued on saying she would contact the dasher to let her know what was going on. Again, I had to explain that dasher1 was the one who told us to cancel the order and that we were furious. We were tired of waiting.

This experience was absolutely ridiculous. At first I was not mad until I had to fight with the navigation on the DoorDash website and then the customer service rep wasn’t getting what I was saying. However, for a dasher to wait 15+ minutes after they accepted an order to call and say they wouldn’t be able to deliver for another hour is inexcusable and very poor customer service.

I wanted to try DoorDash to see how it compared to other services. However, I will never be using the service again and will advise all friends and family from using the service as well.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Comments