382 views

Get ready for a story that starts with one dumb decision, followed by a dumber decision, followed by more dumb decisions, by the dumbest operation and excuse for a "company" that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

We order at 12:01 from a place that is less than a 10 minute walk from our office. Keep in mind this is over a $100 order for the whole office. at 1:06, I was told the order was picked up by the Door Dash bike delivery guy. I was a little concerned because I know the restaurant doesn't take longer than about 10 minutes or less to make the then hot food, but I figured ok, well if it is less than a 10 minute walk, food will be here in less than 5 minutes by bike. 30 minutes later, I grew a little concerned. online chatted with a representative from Door Dash.

Dummy #1: The delivery guy was late with quite a few orders, so AFTER picking up our food, instead of bringing it to us 2 minutes away, he took it with him on a few other deliveries farther away. At this point we were approaching 2 hours. I explained to Representative through online chat that the food is going to be cold because he is biking it around the city.

Dummy #2: She says, yea you are right, ok I am so sorry and I just cancelled the order. I said wait, we still want the food. She very politely told me that it is protocol that they cannot bring the food to us after an order is canceled, and it will be brought back to the restaurant. Irate at this point, I demanded she called me. She cannot call me because that is protocol, she has to get a supervisor. Even better, I thought.

Dummy #3: After being told the supervisor would call me, I waited by my phone (starving at this point with an office full of hungry hangry people), no call came. Went back to the online chat with the rep. Supervisor had to call headquarters before reaching out to me. It is ... wait for it ... PROTOCOL. I said, hey how about you just call your angry customer first to talk to me, and then say you need to call HQ to see what your options are? He goes yea...touche i should have done that. Idiots.

They offered me a delivery with no delivery fee next time I order with them. I not so politely declined because I will never order from these dummies again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doordash Delivery Service.

Reason of review: ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Location: New York, New York